Battery

Stuuk1

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered already but Tapatalk won't let me search on here.

I need a new battery for my 2006 FZ1. I was talked in to buying a Motobatt battery which in just over 2 months, the second one has died on me and will not hold a charge.

I simply just want to go back to the Yuasa which the last one lasted a good 5 years...

Only problem is I cannot seem to find out the exact battery model I need. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

On another note, has anyone had experience of these Lithium Ion batteries? Not that I am looking to shed any weight but the CCA values look pretty good!

Loving the lithium I put in mine. I went with shorai. I think there's another thread on here discussing such batteries. I think if you went lithium, you wouldn't go back...

I know Optimate do a lithium charger but will my Optimate be Ok on it or definitely not recommended? Think mine is an Optimate 2 or 4

Just looked up the Shorai batteries and they are almost £200! That's for the suggestion but think I'll stick with the £60 Yuasa for now..

I'm old skool and just use the high end Yuasa YTZ14S as previously mentioned. Used with a Battery Tender they will last for years and are very reliable. The slight benefits of Lithium Ion batteries in the weight area is insignificant on our street bikes.

The yusa is most definitely a solid battery. If I were going for another lead acid battery, I'd stick with the OE. I just replaced the original in my 07 fz1 last season. Still have the original in my 07 r1.

Get the cheap AGM battery on ebay for $40. I took a chance and was surprised how good this Chinese unit performs especially at the price point. No way I would spend $100+ for a motorcycle battery.

AGM Battery YTZ14S for Yamaha FZ1 FZS1000 06 10 V Star XVS 950 09 10 VMAX 09 10 | eBay

Sure, this cheap battery will work for awhile and then it will fail, usually at an inconvenient time. A $40 Chinese made battery is not the same battery as a $150 OE Yuasa, you get what you pay for in this area. If you don't mind the hassle of having a cheap battery only last a year or so and then having to replace it with another cheap battery that's fine. I'd rather get a good battery and take care of it, it's cheaper in the long run and it won't let you down far from home on a Sunday afternoon.

Back