bars buzzyness

PABKR

Hi everyone,

Just bought a '08 FZ1 and love the power, but have noticed an annoying buzzyness in the bars at 4k to 6k rpm. Has anyone else seen this and what can be done to eliminate it as it seems to be right at the sweet spot for highway speed?

Thanks

Try driven D3 grips they are a little pricey but worth it they really help. When I had my 08 FZ1 I would get a vibration in the bars also at higher rpms.

I recently bought a 07 FZ1 with under 4.5k miles. Noticed a buzzing noise at the exact same RPM range, it ended up being the cover for the speedo/tac I just took it off and put it back on and now it's gone.

Hi,

I had the exact same problem but to the extent that my hands (left mostly) were going a bit numb and had loss of power in my hand for a few days afterwards.

I made a couple of very heavy stainless steel bar ends at my work and they have made a slight difference. I also fitted a pair of grip puppies and so far, even though there is still a degree of vibration, there has been hardly any numbness in my hand.

I have heard of some people that have filled their bars with fishermans lead weights or pumped in some kind of substance and I do believe that would work and was going to be my next step but I am fine the way it is.

Back