bar risers

bunky

Just throwing another mod question on what bar risers are best suited for a more upright riding position. I am getting a good kink at the base of the neck and shoulders.
Have been seeing a product that rises the bar 31mm and a 21mm pullback.
Sounds like the right mod to buy but just wanted to ask before I order.

I raised my bars 1.75 Inches and that was as far as the front brake line could go. Sounds like you should be able to do the above without any cable issues. It might be better ergonomically to move the bars back a little, Let me know how you like it. I sit close to the tank so it's not an issue, But may be something for me to look at.

Just throwing another mod question on what bar risers are best suited for a more upright riding position. I am getting a good kink at the base of the neck and shoulders.
Have been seeing a product that rises the bar 31mm and a 21mm pullback.
Sounds like the right mod to buy but just wanted to ask before I order.

I thought that too & used a one inch riser but it resulted in an awkward bar position with less control of the bike, I went back to stock riser and installed a superbike bar which did a great job with comfort & upright riding position.
the stock bar was very uncomfortable (to me) in wrist & elbow positions, but raising the bar is not comfortable at all.

I purchased riser inserts off ebay that install in the stock risers just under the handle bar. The manufacturer includes long replacement screws.

The mod gained about 1" and cost less than $40. Good enough for me and my helmet actually gets more wind noise. So if you go too far up then you need to add a touring screen too.

Hey Firefly, how much did that cost to do? Never thought about different bars.
I figured if I raised the bars, I would get more wind, 2wheel, but probably better than a stiff neck.
Here are the risers I am looking at.

I had these on my 02. I liked what they did. I had to replace the top part of my front brake line though. It was pretty easy.

Hey Firefly, how much did that cost to do? Never thought about different bars.
I figured if I raised the bars, I would get more wind, 2wheel, but probably better than a stiff neck.
Here are the risers I am looking at.

I bought the superbike bar from Ebay for $33.00 shipped, risers on the FZ result in lack of control at least in my experience, its not a cruiser.
the superbike bar puts the wrists & elbows in a much better position.
no cable extension needed, everything fits great.
you can get better superbike bars (thicker material even aluminum ones) but these ebay ones work fine. the stock bar ends will not work & you'll have to use universal bar ends. I will NEVER go back to stock handle bar, just a few degrees of less pull back made a huge difference, it takes a day or so to get use to the new position.

I've been using these for a couple of years. quick, cheap and easy.
Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit 7/8" Bars 30mm Motorcycle ATV Dirt Bike NEW | eBay
under $20 delivered and all the stock cables fit.
!B9jpU+wBGk~$(KGrHqYOKpwEy+jC0Ql3BM6L2erf1g~~0_1.JPG

I went with Rox Risers. more adjustable forward / back and rubber anti vib so it was a big improvment there as well as riding position. a little spendy for what they are but the money just doesent feel as good just sitting there in my wallet :beer:

Gen II with tusk bar risers

Like stretch I went with the tusk bar risers, on my '09. Inexpensive and so far seem to fit the bill. I just installed them this evening. Once I get some miles on them I'll post again.

What are everybody's thoughts on the FZ6 bars? I've been riding my FZ1 for 2 months now with those (don't know anything else) and curious what I might be missing out on.

Risers

This is late-I am using the risers off a gen 2 on a Gen 1- you get an inch of lift. This solved my problem with a stiff neck. I used this all last summer.You just use the bottom pieces of the Gen2 with the caps off the gen 1

Back