Bar end mirrors?

OldDuffer

Ok this may be a stupid question, but. Are there any bar end mirrors on the market for the GenII that just screw into the threads on the stock bars. I've thought about getting the kind that clamp to the existing bar ends, but I understand that requires machining the ends to give a flat surface for the clamps. I have a local shop that will do it for me, but I'd prefer not to alter the stock bar ends in case I ever sell the bike. I know I could buy a second set but if I can avoid making an extra purchase I would like to. I know there are a number of threads about bar ends here, but forgive my concusion adled brain, MUNGO NOT THINK TOO GOOD NO MORE! Any help would be much appreciated.

Haze myself from allergies, but in my experience, with Rizoma, the bar ends need to be uniform in size, no taper.

I had Suburban Machinery when I ran my bar ends and the ends from Rizoma are a compression fit. It is solid and they do not go anywhere. You are supplied two different sizes for the compression fit and has not hindered me in all my setups (Stock/Rizoma bars/SM2/Convertibars).

So, my thoughts only, you'll probably have to end up buy another set of ends if you want to be able to run bar end mirrors.

I agree with Adam. No easy way to make the bar end mirrors work on the FZ1 w/o modifying the stock bar ends. I have seen bar end mirrors that simply bolt to the end of the bar end wight, but again that wont work on our bikes w/o some modification.

I went through the same issue. I wanted to keep my weighted stock bar ends for vibration but wanted a bar end mirror to see directly behind me. So...I bought a CRG (rectangle one) bar end mirror with standard clamp. Now remember, the ENDS of the stock bar ends are tapered and too wide for the CRG (or any 7/8 clamp, ONLY untill they touch the ends of the rubber grips...then they are standard 7/8 roundness until the threads start...so you unthread the bar end out, insert a thin round 7/8 OD aluminium tube about 1/2 inch wide into the end of the rubber grip so it butts against the end of the stock handlebar (where thread starts). NOW, when you re-screw in the stock bar end back in, it comes to a stop about 1/2 inch before coming flush with the rubber grip. That leaves a perfect 7/8 round surface for the mirror clamp to clamp onto the stock bar end. Use blue loctite on the bar end when you screw it in. Bottom line works great. Stock bar end still pulls up well tight enough to hold. Keeps heavy stock bar ends for vibration. Does not hurt anything and can go back to stock set-up if want. I put a little grip glue on the aluminium tube and bar end to make sure grip stayed still. Works great.

Been surfing alot of the suggested sites. I was wanting to keep my costs down on this. Red Line that's a great suggestion, may give that a try. I'll post up pics when I finally do put the mirrors on. I was a little unnerved by the price of new bar ends or machining,plus mirrors, plus block off plates. I don't mind spending the money but the wife always seems to think things like groceries are more important.

Well bit the bullet and spent the money on a set of CRG arrows. Also bought a set of hollow aluminum spacers to use for mounting. Moves the bar ends out enought to fit mirrors, and allows them to still thread in enough to hold into the bars. Nice solution no machining. Like the look of the set up.

I'm glad I was slow to order block off's because I couldn't make up my mind on whether I should splurge on good ones or go with ebay cheapo's. Once I got the mirrors on and decided to go for a test ride I found that no matter what postion they're in I can't see DIDDLY out of them. Although I only get to use the outer half of the stockers, beyond the view of my shoulders, they work better. I'm too friggin tall.
BTW No I don't have the CRG's already sent em back to the vendor for refund.

Last edited:
Back