:banghead:

I was at the shop on Thursday before New Years. Insurance Lady said check was in the mail that day.

Flash Foward till today. Shop still hasn't recieved the check. I called the Main Office, talked someone into giving me the VP's direct line, got a hold of him.

He found out that the check hadn't been sent out until Yesterday. The lady was lying the whole time.

Told him I want compensation for the time off the bike, a whole missed month of riding season, and the money back from the hotel I booked in California that I missed because my bike wasn't ready.

He said he'd call me back tomorrow after he found out what happened on their end.

Boy isn't it great that insurance companies are so great at taking those premiums every month and God help you if you miss one yet when it comes time to pay out its like pulling teeth!! I feel for you Dustin. Just remember that "the squeaky gear gets the oil".

WOW...."these are the days of our lives....."

Good luck with your compensation...shoot for the moon as far as a dollar amount, that way you might actually stand a chance to get a "fair" return for the time and trouble you've been put through...

A few pics of it back from the shop with the black winshield. Minus the brake pedal and new pipe (tomorrow).
007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

I'm curious about two things. The first is, I seem to see a spot of what may be oil sitting under the bike, and secondly, what ever happened to the kid that crashed the bike to begin with? Have you seen him there?

Nope, that's not from the bike. Just a random spot I pulled the bike into after rolling it out of the garage.

Yeah, he works there, but can't wrench for 6 weeks. Had surgery.

Fuel tank overflow tube

I'm curious about two things. The first is, I seem to see a spot of what may be oil sitting under the bike, and secondly, what ever happened to the kid that crashed the bike to begin with? Have you seen him there?

Looks like the tank was dripping out the overflow tube. Mine does that if it is right full and parked in the sun.

Back