BadBoy airhorn mount

Finally got tired of the RoadRunner's "meep meep" horn and put in the Wolo BadBoy. Weather was crappy so I might as well tinker if I can't ride. The Stebel Mini Nautilus is supposedly better (louder) and is virtually the same unit. I've used both and can't tell them apart other than the Wolo is usually cheaper on Ebay. Not a lot of room in there so it took some time to fab. I used 1/8" mild steel as it's not too bad to form when glowing red. After I got the fit right I ran a weld bead the whole length which adds tremendous rigidity. I coat of textured paint makes it look almost professional! I drilled & tapped a 5mm .80 hole in the headlight bracket and fed a screw in from the other side with loctite red to make a permanent stud. I incrementally ground the end of the bracket by the screw hole so that it would butt up against the tubing and not turn on the stud. You don't want that horn moving over and jamming up your steering! I also put some double-faced foam tape where the bracket rests against the headlight housing and between the horn and the red fairing to stop rattles and firm it up even more. I used the 12ga. up from the starter solenoid that I ran when I did my HID conversion and 12v power outlet. These badboys eat some power so you must use a relay. Lots of huge brown rodents (deer) in my area so on the back roads at night I like to give a good horn blast once and a while to send 'em back to the woods and man does this thing blast!

View attachment 14890View attachment 14891View attachment 14892View attachment 14893

Lots of huge brown rodents (deer) in my area so on the back roads at night I like to give a good horn blast once and a while to send 'em back to the woods and man does this thing blast!

Or they may run across the road in front of you. All for a loud horn to warn cagers but deer are unpredictable and blasting your horn will make them run in all sorts of directions. Best way to avoid deer, don't ride at dusk or at night and if you have too get auxiliary lights and reduce your speed. In my area we have one of the highest deer populations in North America, they are literally walking on our downtown street. At dusk in my short 8 mile ride home I can see up to 20-30 deer.

Last edited:
Back