Bad vibration

That's very strange then, that mine doesn't have that problem. It's a '13, bone stock and brand new.

My 919 always had a bad spot around 5,000, which made freeway riding unpleasant at times. Today I rode the FZ1 on the freeway for an hour --steady at speeds between 5-5.5k -- looking for the vibrations, and it was smooth and pleasant the whole time. Some say the vibrations come in time, a result of things loosening up in the fairing area, so I'll look for that.

If it was an emissions-tuning, lean running issue, wouldn't reprogramming take care of it? That doesn't seem to have worked for many of the forum members, though.

My first 600 didnt have any vibration issue, and it was a FZ6R, Buddies 03 R1, 07 R1 didnt have any issues at well. Now my 2014 FZ1 got it at around 5k rpms, annoying as shit, took the entire front end apart and placed foam between any bolts that is touching any panels. NOW it is moved to 5500 rpms and i am now looking to find a roll of dynamat to just apply it on the entire front nose, side fairings, tank cowl lol.

If you moved the vibes to 5500 then you may well be in the right area, the source. I'm curious about the naked conversion bikes (no fairing), or bikes with larger windscreens. What happens to the vibrations on those bikes?

I don't have any vibrations on my naked bike that come & go at different rev ranges like described here.

The mods are in my signature below to see what's been done to the bike.

Back