Bad News Nephew in Hospital

He's (Name not mentioned in respect of his privacy) been released from Hospital, has a way to go with physio etc but a good outcome. PS The car driver has full insurance so another plus.

A witness in a car beside him estimated his speed at under 40kph. He has no recollection of the accident but I'd say he never saw it coming. Lots of charges against the driver responsible. From what I can make out (for US turn this around) a driver left a Service Station on the other side of the road drove in front of two other lanes of traffic to collect him in the left most lane (problem with a low riding position in traffic maybe)

Back on two wheels

Update, he still has some more operations ahead of him but he's back on two wheels. He picked up a ZX10 (Not sure what year it is) and I met up with him just North of Sydney for a round about ride to his mothers today. Had a good ride and as he didn't know the route, I had to lead (and keep the speed down) He has all new gear Alpine Star boots, Full Berek Leather suit, new shark helmet. He had to show up at his mums place fully kitted or get his bum kicked big time. When we met up I pointed to his knee sliders and told him they better look new when he gets there! Had a good moderately paced ride and planning more.

Missed this thread... Great news that he has recovered and is on the bike again...

I remember my first time on the bike after my first (and till now only) big accident, a bit shaky feeling but the smile got bigger with each mile...

Good thing you look out for him, keep the speed down and the knee up for a while...

There is another one of our Melbourne based members who had a really really bad accident just after christmas. He is making a good recovery thankfully, I wont mention his name, hopefully he will post in here again when he is good and ready, but it scared the living shit out of me and I have become even more conservative since that accident.

The most important outcome of any ride is that you come home safely. Take care out there folks :)

Last edited:
Back