Backfire pass 9000 rpm when throttle cut

I Have a 2007 FZ1 and done a couple mod and now i have backfire pass 9000 rpm when i cut the throttle.

Mod are: - Bmc air filter
- 16t front sproket
- gutted headers
- gutted stock pipe
- ais block off plates

My question is, will and ecu flash by IVAN whit the (FCE) in ecu will reduce backfire on deceleration? and do y really need a PC5 with the flash and why?

there in the same catalytic material that is in the header in the stock muffler, it take a 18" drill bit, a chisel and lot of patient to take it out, but when done it have less exhaust restriction and should gave couple HP in mid range and keep stock muffler.

I Have a 2007 FZ1 and done a couple mod and now i have backfire pass 9000 rpm when i cut the throttle.

Mod are: - Bmc air filter
- 16t front sproket
- gutted headers
- gutted stock pipe
- ais block off plates

My question is, will and ecu flash by IVAN whit the (FCE) in ecu will reduce backfire on deceleration? and do y really need a PC5 with the flash and why?

The first thing I would be buying if I were you is a PCV.
You've opened up your exhaust system and your fueling would be off a fair bit.
You'll need it anyway with Ivan's flash if you decide to go that route in future.

Sent from my Nexus 5

When i did the block off plate i checked the spark plug and by the color it was lean so i am gone a buy a PCV asap... and maybe go with the ECU flash later.

Were can y find a good map for my mods?

Back