Back to riding my bike again.

Tomorrow will be a year to the day when I had my serious accident, it happened at work when an upright upper floor supporting beam toppled over on to me folding me in half. Luckily someone phoned for the local air ambulance which arrived in minutes. They got me to hospital in eleven minutes a journey time by road that would have taken over an hour. After a scan it was found that I had fractured my lower back in three places, broken all my ribs on the right side whitch at the same time had puntured a lung, there was also pelvic damage and bruising to my heart.

Three months later after recieving fantastic medical treatment I was alowd to put weight back on my feet and legs. With lots of help and encouragement I am now (as I said) a year down the line and able to do most things again including being able to ride my wonderful bike. :yes:

I'm now looking forward to the coming spring time and the start of a new season of meets and rideouts plus the oppotunity to make up for last years summer that was lost whilst in hospital.

Tomorrow will be a year to the day when I had my serious accident, it happened at work when an upright upper floor supporting beam toppled over on to me folding me in half. Luckily someone phoned for the local air ambulance which arrived in minutes. They got me to hospital in eleven minutes a journey time by road that would have taken over an hour. After a scan it was found that I had fractured my lower back in three places, broken all my ribs on the right side whitch at the same time had puntured a lung, there was also pelvic damage and bruising to my heart.

Three months later after recieving fantastic medical treatment I was alowd to put weight back on my feet and legs. With lots of help and encouragement I am now (as I said) a year down the line and able to do most things again including being able to ride my wonderful bike. :yes:

I'm now looking forward to the coming spring time and the start of a new season of meets and rideouts plus the oppotunity to make up for last years summer that was lost whilst in hospital.

Great news. So how long did you have the bike before this accident? If I were held up that long I know it would be all I thought about. Well, that and mango habanero buffalo wings! ;)

Good for you! Take it easy and I'm sure you'll be good as new as you get more used to flexing all those parts that have been repairing. I'm sure the joy you get from riding will help take any of the old pain away. And people tell us how dangerous motorcycling is. You are a lucky man. Someone was looking out for you.

"Great news. So how long did you have the bike before this accident? If I were held up that long I know it would be all I thought about. Well, that and mango habanero buffalo wings! "

Hello Hail, I had my bike for almost a year before the accident happened, during that time after running her in I clocked up just over 10k.

Yes you are spot on, it was driving me mad last year during the good weather just looking out of the hospital window and thinking of all the riding that I was missing.

Truth is at that time I didn't know wether I would be able to ride again and my upper body stength has only just started to come back after working out at the gym.

I therefore count myself lucky to be starting to ride again because let's face it our bikes are very much part of our lives and I couldn't stand the thought of being without mine.

FZ1riderNY/Lonerider59 - thank you both and Lonerider59 you are so right in all that you say, my sentiments exactly.:)

Wow man, glad to hear you're doing better after all that!

Back