Back to life...

So... this weekend... I had the intentions of bringing the bike back to NC.... however.. due to some evil snowfall... that didn't happen.... I was talking to a buddy this afternoon and telling him the story of bringing the bike back to life after its hibernation ... thought I'd share.... some language... we'll say... PG-13

so...

got a new battery in DC.. (Fall's Church, VA actually)

drove back to Newhall's... put it in...

opened the tank to put some STP Fuel System Cleaner in...

shit.

not only did I leave it with Ethanol gas in it...

I left about 1/8th of a tank.

shit shit shit shit.

so... I dump some STP in it...

hit the choke..

hit the start button... get a fast crank..

let off of it...

hit it again... fast crank and a sputter at the end...

good sign...

hit it again... fast crank... slowly and clumsily rumbles to life...

sounds like it's hitting on 1 cyl

then 2..

then 3...

give it a little gas...

then all 4...

she's awake.. and she's pissed off..

so... to clear things out...

I grab a screwdriver and take the baffle out of the MIVV GP.

ahhh yes!... it's loud... it's throaty and smooth..;

it's making me harder than making a left in front of campus at 5PM..

so... grab the throttle... give it a quick wrap...

rev's FLY up... 5,000 ... 9,000 ....

let it go back down... 2,000RPM...

grab a handful of throttle and wrap it hard....

10,000 RPM and a 5 foot blue flame shoots out of the exhaust...

wrap it again and again,.. more and more flames....

brimming with anger and badass...

she's awake.

she's angry.

it's time.

I'm still waiting to bring the bike back down here to NC.... the part that's missing from this story is that after I got it running again, I walked outside... and snow was coming down at full force.... so... I didn't get the bike back down here yet... but... soon.

I'm still waiting to bring the bike back down here to NC.... the part that's missing from this story is that after I got it running again, I walked outside... and snow was coming down at full force.... so... I didn't get the bike back down here yet... but... soon.

So did you at least leave the tank filled with some "good" gas ;) I can't wait to bring my bikes back to life. I think by the end of this month I'll be riding again :D

Unfortunately no... I didn't even get a chance to do that... but.. I dumped about 1/2 a bottle of STP Fuel System Cleaner into the 1/8th of a tank that was left... and managed to get that into the carbs.... so... it'll be clean as a whistle when I get back to it....

I really didn't start revving her until the choke was off.... I'm sure that the long flames were a result of the great concentration of STP in the fuel....

typically though... she does belch flames at high RPM a little bit anyhow.... I've got an interesting tune going, as my rides typically take me anywhere from 200ft of elevation to 6,000 feet... so... I kind of had to find a happy middle ground...

when the weather is nice... yeah.. it's torture... but.. it's been raining non-stop since it stopped snowing... so.. I really am not getting tortured too much at this point.... once the weather gets nicer though.... it'll be hell...

I'm 15 miles away from 489 curves in 12 miles....

Back