Back packs

I bought a Jansport about 6 years ago. When I was still in the Military. I use it everyday for school still and it works awesome no issues except the straps flail in the wind. I had em stitched up but they came out. One of the best $70 purchases Ive ever made.

I use a Sparco backpack. Love it! Built for a bike, has straps on the side to compress all of the slack out of it, holds a lot of crap, has a removable laptop sleeve. Works pretty well. I have travelled 4 days out of it without a problem.

Well I'm looking to up grade from the cheep ass K-mart pack. Looking at these for a few years. Alpinestars Charger Backpack - Motorcycle Covers & Bags - MotorcycleToyStore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

Anyone have one, what do you use if not, thanks..

It looks nice. I use an older model Camelbak, usually without water, but I have the option of carrying. Make sure you have a chest strap to keep the harness from pulling your shoulders back. The longer/wider waist attachment points will also help with comfort.

Cheers,

MrHix

No can do on a backpack.....they drive me nuts, like having a monkey on your back all the time. Prefer a magnetic expandable tankbag, to each their own.

No can do on a backpack.....they drive me nuts, like having a monkey on your back all the time. Prefer a magnetic expandable tankbag, to each their own.

I have a Cortech 18L expandable tank bag and it works pretty well.

I want to get a Kriega R25 for longer trips. However I just talked with a guy today and he was wearing a backpack, the weight shifted on him in a corner and he ended up lowsiding. Makes me think more about getting some soft saddlebags instead.

However I just talked with a guy today and he was wearing a backpack, the weight shifted on him in a corner and he ended up lowsiding.

Seriously? Was his backpack made of lead and full of cement or something? That's the weakest excuse I've ever heard :eek:

Last edited:
You are smart to upgrade.
I was in Target a few years ago and I found an Awesome Swiss Gear backpack. I could see the quality and it has held up for almost 5 years of everyday use. I mean I have packed and overpacked this thing day after day. Through rain, 100 degree weather, and even snow when I get in a pinch.
Whatever brand you get - it's worth it to pay extra and get a quality backpack. Look for double size zippers - that is what gives out 1st on most backpacks. I cannot stress to you how many times I have SHOVED stuff deep inside and forced the zippers to close. This backpack has held up great.
I'm not really promoting the Swiss Gear brand as much as I'm saying go for quality. If you are on a trip and your zipper breaks - you are stuck! Look for extra padding also. You really want padding in the straps. When you are loaded heavy the straps will dig into your shoulders. Mine has some padding in the back also and it seems to help.
Look at the material also. Mine has been awesome at protecting my stuff from rain. I wouldn't call it water proof but it is water resistant. That is a big plus as sometimes you get caught in a rain storm and if you are carrying a laptop - you can lose a lot of good equipment. Also - a lot of backpacks will have a sleeve to carry a laptop in. That is a plus as well.
Little compartments to keep your pens, cellphone and things you want to reach FAST are very convenient. You don't want to shove that kind of stuff deep into your pack if you have to get to it fast. Those small pouches are awesome. I remember thinking that I would just use my backpack occasionally - well it has become everyday. Even when I travel - I use it like a carry on bag.
So pick whichever brand you want but I can't stress to you how important it is to look for quality. It will be a great investment.

Last edited:
I have the Kriega R25, very comfortable to wear.
The best is that there are no straps flying around in the wind.
And very easy to adjust/put on.

R25 - Kriega

R25pack__51710_zoom.png

R25harness__72761_zoom.jpg

I do want a High quality Pack made for Bikes not hiking or school. I'm a hiker and have a few packs and padding is a must along with waist and chest straps. Staps flying about on the bike I hate. I do like the look of this Kriega
and will see if there stocked some place so can touch. I Really hate not being able to touch stuff before I buy but it looks damn Nice. Thanks for the imput, I put a post on 3 sites and this one is a popular pack.

And a cover would be good.

Last edited:
The Kriega strap system is what I'm most interested in. I use an old Eddie Bauer school back pack now and hate getting whipped by the straps because it's so distracting.

I have the Kriega R25, very comfortable to wear.
The best is that there are no straps flying around in the wind.
And very easy to adjust/put on.

How would you describe the space in the R25? I need to carry a laptop, ac charger, GoPro setup/suction cup mount, stethoscope (work) and other miscellaneous toys (I have a gaming controller to play games on my laptop when work is slow, LOL). Oh and the allergy medicines.

I'm using a Targa Messenger Laptop bag now and I'm just waiting for the strap to brake as I'm cruising down the highway and my life (laptop go flying off behind me). **Knock on wood**

I bought one of these a little over a year ago:

ful > Tennman

I like it because it has a nice Laptop sleeve inside since I take my laptop to and from work with me, Also it rests just perfectly on the second part of the seat so I feel almost no weight from it when riding.

Back