Back in the saddle in Atlanta

Howdy!

First bike in 23 years, first time I've ridden anything bigger than a 250. Was going to start off with a 600 or so, but my best friend (much older and an experienced rider) convinced me that I could handle a bigger bike, and I am already glad I listened to him. I was apprehensive, but it's a pussy-cat to ride if you don't wind it up. I've only got 20 miles or so under me and haven't been above 5k!

Unfortunately the rear brakes self-destructed (I'll post a different thread on that) so I'm off the road on my first weekend of ownership, but gives me a chance to change the oil and filter while I wait on parts.

Great to be back in the saddle, though!
..a

Welcome and congratulations on getting a bike again. Just take it easy with the throttle until you get used to the bike and you'll be ok ;)

Welcome! Nice looking FZ1 too.
I've done the same as you, last ride was a YZF1000R that I bought new in 2000, rode it for a few years then got off. Then after a 7-8 yr break bought a new 08 model in Feb this year.
Best bike I've ever riden and I'm so happy I bought it as I was going to buy an old YZF1000 or a newer R1 but was told by mates that it would be too uncomfortable for me and they suggested the FZ1.

Welcome! Nice looking FZ1 too.
I've done the same as you, last ride was a YZF1000R that I bought new in 2000, rode it for a few years then got off. Then after a 7-8 yr break bought a new 08 model in Feb this year.
Best bike I've ever riden and I'm so happy I bought it as I was going to buy an old YZF1000 or a newer R1 but was told by mates that it would be too uncomfortable for me and they suggested the FZ1.

Good mates you have there! They are wise and knowing. :cheers:

Thanks, everyone. The more I read about this bike the more I know the person who recommended it (and sold it to me) was doing right by me! :)

He feels like a real d!ck that the brakes went out like they did, but I don't blame him.

Yeah, easy on the throttle. Geez, it's touchy! Not at all what I was expecting though, a lot easier to manage. They say it starts to pull at 4, can't wait to get some more miles on it and explore what happens above 5.. :)
..a

Back