AZ FZ Riders

hey folks, i'm down in south phoenix pretty close to south mountain.

post up when you want to head out, i usually go out with my SV buddies on a saturday or sunday, a couple times a month all year round.

i hear ya there, any time you can go up there and not dodge bicycles crossing the double yellow is a good time.

I made it out there today from 2-3. My favorite section is the road back to the tv towers. I did have to dodge an SUV driven by a lady who looked better suited for a retirement home then behind the wheel of a 4000 pound vehicle cutting over a double yellow a quarter into my lane. Hehe I did have my knee out and the bike bent over so it was easy to correct my lane position and take my clutch hand off to point them back over to their side of the road politely. (thank you Keith code for your wisdom and inspiration)

Pat let me know when is a good time to ride during the week. Also on the 27th we are doing a Tucson run

Next Saturday April 27th, we're going for a ride from Mesa to Superior to Catalina to Mt. Lemmon

"Ssky0078 and I are planning to ride Mt Lemmon Sat. April 27th. Likely route is US 60 from Mesa to Superior then down 177/77 to Catalina then around and up to the summit of Mt Lemmon. If anyone wants to join us (or meet us in Tucson for that portion of the ride) we'd be glad to have you along.

AZ FZ Riders - Page 3 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Saturday 4/27/2013, ride to Mt. Lemon

AZ FZ Riders - Page 3 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Ssky0078 and I are planning to ride Mt Lemmon Sat. April 27th. Likely route is US 60 from Mesa to Superior then down 177/77 to Catalina then around and up to the summit of Mt Lemmon. If anyone wants to join us (or meet us in Tucson for that portion of the ride) we'd be glad to have you along.

Oh man I just saw this, not sure if I can make it was hoping to take a w/e off and catch up on things that don't involve 2 wheels..... :)

Do any of you guys ride 2-up? I left my g/f behind last w/e, might get "the look" if I try it again.... :evillaugh:

Short notice but we will be going up to Saquaro Lake today around 5:30-6pm

The views and Sunsets are rather epic....

12_30_12_SaquaroLake5.jpg

2_13_SaquaroLake.jpg

11_29_12_SaquaroLake1.jpg

Gary

Oh man I just saw this, not sure if I can make it was hoping to take a w/e off and catch up on things that don't involve 2 wheels..... :)

Do any of you guys ride 2-up? I left my g/f behind last w/e, might get "the look" if I try it again.... :evillaugh:

Short notice but we will be going up to Saquaro Lake today around 5:30-6pm

The views and Sunsets are rather epic....

I personally don't ride 2-up. I weight 245 and I'd like to get new springs front and back before I try. Also, I'm waiting till 10,000 miles experience before I'm willing to take someone else's life into my hands.

I like the sunsets up there, also Crater Lake.

Yarnell

Hey there. Ed in Avondale here. I'm up for a ride this Sunday April 28th somewhere. Maybe Yarnell and back via Wickenburg/Vulture Mine Road. Anyone else interested?

Ok guys I laid the groundwork and she won’t mind if I go solo, so now its up to me to get it together.

Went to the lake last night though and the FULL MOON came over the horizon so we stayed later then we should have being a work night.

I’ve been on this ride w/o going thru Superior (went thru Florence) and do remember it was a LONG RIDE and the Tucson traffic to get to Mt Lemon absolutely sucked!

Do you guys know of a way to avoid that, there has to be road that avoids the stoplights.

How many are going?

I live in East Mesa (Higley/Brown) where what time to meet?

Thanks,

G

Ok guys I laid the groundwork and she won’t mind if I go solo, so now its up to me to get it together.

Went to the lake last night though and the FULL MOON came over the horizon so we stayed later then we should have being a work night.

I’ve been on this ride w/o going thru Superior (went thru Florence) and do remember it was a LONG RIDE and the Tucson traffic to get to Mt Lemon absolutely sucked!

Do you guys know of a way to avoid that, there has to be road that avoids the stoplights.

How many are going?

I live in East Mesa (Higley/Brown) where what time to meet?

Thanks,

G

Meet is at Best Buy at the Fiesta Mall 9AM.

The route on the way there is through Superior and then down to Catalina. My little Fz1 has a typical radius of 100 miles, best take I've ever got is 130, so a fill up in Superior/globe and then probably Catalina.

View attachment 14373

I don't know of any other routes. We are going that route down because of reports that it is pretty fun and scenic, not as boring as the Florence route. We may take the Florence route on the way back or just bust up the 10 depending on how everyone feels.

We like to go to Maria's in Hayden--good food. 1 mile farther is the junction (77) left to Globe, right to Tuscon.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Maria's+Restaurant,+Morris+Road,+Hayden,+AZ&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Maria's+Restaurant,&hnear=0x8729ebef308be57b:0xa70652cf7b590bea,Morris+Rd,+Hayden,+AZ+85135&cid=0,0,6933545580617193840&ei=LSx7UcmCEYaSqgHLpoD4Cw&ved=0CI8BEPwSMAM

We might go for breakast there and you guys can continue on. Although might be going around 8 to beat the heat. :shine: We are old.....

If you see a Black FZ1 in front of Maria's stop in and say Hi:cheers:

G

Back