Aussie FZ1 Rally???

R1Gazza

G'Day Fellas,
Does anyone know the approximate number of Aussie FZ riders that utilise this site? I wondered if there would be enough interest in people coming together at a rally type event.

We could start with a location maybe around Northern NSW which would maybe be centralish for the Qld and NSW riders? I dont want to omit members from other states but this could be a start and we could maybe move it to a differant state each year?

I have used rugby clubs in the past as they have been happy allowing tents to be pitched, they usually have a stage where a suitable band has been booked, and depending on numbers they will normally discount the beer if they think they will sell enough.

I guess it doesn't have to limited to FZ riders but we can throw it out to the FZ6 forum and see what interest there might be there

Just a thought, please feel free to comment
Gazza

Last edited:
I know for a fact that there are many Aussies on the site. Maybe change the thread title to "Aussie FZ1 Rally". This way they know right off the bat where your talking about.

Nevermind, I took care of it for ya!

Thanks for the support on this guys, are any of you or do have mates on the FZ6 forum? if not i will register and throw it out there just to get an early idea of potential numbers.

Gazza

Cheers Guys, it looks like an early positive response, I will post a link to this thread on the FZ6 forum and see what that shakes out.

I will review in a weeks time.
Gazza

Hi people, Wolfman from the FZ6 forum here, i am definitely interested! Any excuse to get on one of my bike's and ride!

I will be the one on the FZ6, chasing all you buggers on litre bikes!

:thewave:

Subscribed!

Guys,
Just a quick update, i am off to Coffs Harbour tomorrow so will make a few calls to rugby clubs to see if they are interested.
Gazza.

Just a quick update.
I dont think this is going to be as easy as I thought, I tried a couple of potential venues but hit major resistance as soon i mentioned "motorcycles" it seems people cannot seperate a bunch of clean living guys n gals like ourselves from the "Bikie Gangs" receiving all the bad press around NSW at the moment with proposed outlawing of such gangs.

will keep you informed of any progress.
Gazza

Just a quick update.
I dont think this is going to be as easy as I thought, I tried a couple of potential venues but hit major resistance as soon i mentioned "motorcycles" it seems people cannot seperate a bunch of clean living guys n gals like ourselves from the "Bikie Gangs" receiving all the bad press around NSW at the moment with proposed outlawing of such gangs.

will keep you informed of any progress.
Gazza

Gazza, may be useful to try the local tourist organisations, they focus on $ first and they know motorbike riders are good for that. Also they are there to sort that stuff out, maybe get them to do some looking around for you? Just a thought, cheers, Burnesy

Hi Guys,
I am going to be busy for a couple of week as I am on the move to Woodford, (give me those country roads) but will jump back onto this a.s.a.p. and provide an update.

I think patiance is of virtue with this one.

Going to to fit my Dobeck TFI this weekend now my K&N filter has arrived.
cheers
Gazza

Back