Ass numbing

180 miles? That's nothing. Unless you were on pock marked roads that is easily doable with a couple of stops for gas or drink. I can go about 100 mi max with the stock seat before I have to get off and stretch a bit. Overall the FZ1 is pretty comfy for it's type.....stock seat is bearable for sub-100 mi runs.

As a cyclist I consider the stock FZ1 Gen2 seat as comfy as a sofa.

Seriously, Last weekend I rode my bicycle 100Km on a very firm minimalist racing saddle. Yes my butt did feel it because I have ridden less than 500 miles this year (about the lowest I can remember because of the surgery I had to relieve the carpal tunnel on my left hand).

Today I toured the Southwest Chicago suburbs, Starved Rock State Park, Dwight IL and Old Route 66 through Pontiac to Bloomington IL. Altogether I rode 270 miles in about 5 hours in both urban traffic from my start at Chicago's north lakefront to a little slab on I-80 and I-39 stopping only for gas. The only thing bothering me is my right hand's carpal tunnel. The good news is that I finally got to test out my new Throttlemeisters and have to say they are worth every penny I paid for the relief they afforded. However, the vibration feels about the same as the stock bar-ends.

I must be very lucky that my legs, arms and butt fit the stock configuration.

I always thought the gen 2 stock seat was pretty good but I never had the pleasure to ride one a long distance. I remember my gen 1 seat was great and more than comfortable enough for 1000 km days; the 919 seat was the worst I had ever tried, though. My bum thanked me the day the Corbin arrived!

Back