Argh! how to change front brake pads???

So.. i cant get calibers off from discs.. well it cant fit between rim and disk out so what to do??? do i need bleed it??? :shaking head:

So.. i cant get calibers off from discs.. well it cant fit between rim and disk out so what to do??? do i need bleed it??? :shaking head:

Slow down Waldo. They most certainly fit between the rim and the disk. Once you have the two bolts out, just pull it as a unit towards the rear, keeping the caliper almost vertical and they will come right off my friend.

no... no need to bleed... you just need to get the angle correct....make sure you've removed the bolt on the line holder that holds the brake line to the forks....

FWIW... you don't even have to remove the calipers to change the pads... you have have to pull the 2 cotter pins on the caliper pins... slide the pins out... and slide the pads out (after using a flat blade screwdriver between the old pad and the disc to push the pistons back in...) then, slide the new pads into the caliper... re-insert the caliper pins.. and the cotter pins into the caliper pins. .. easy as pie... takes 10 minutes or less to swap both sets of pads up front.

:banghead: well went back out.. 0.30 at night.. and.. they come off like butter.. so could change pads. now only need to fill forks with new oil and get forks back.. let see if do it tonight or wait to morning :D:tup:

Back