ARG!DAM*$ it!

better to take the tire off and patch from the inside as plugging can seperate the belts.If you plug it just keep a good check on the tires condition.I usually always have a spare lying around for just such an emergency.BTW Avon offers a factory road hazard warranty with all thier tires no other motorcycle tire does that or not that I know of.How do you like the conti's otherwise?

agreed.. a plug from the inside out is must better than a plug that goes outside in..

i had the same situation as you when my bike was only like 2 months old.. a screw stuck on the rear wheel. did a inside-out plug and still going strong now after 11months!

Well, I hope you plugged it! :D There's not much issue with a plugged tire unless you plan on ludicrous speeds or a track day. If you have serious doubts, take it to a local garage and have them do a vulcanized patch on the inside of the tire. :tup:

That hole is certainly pluggable as the screw is near the center of the tire.

Everyone should have a tire repair kit on them when they ride. I have the reamer, string plugs, rubber cement, a CO2 inflator and about 12 cartridges in my tank bag. That will be enough to get me home or to a dealer for a proper repair. Nothing is more aggravating than having a flat in a remote area outside of cellphone distance, you are really screwed and at the mercy of someone happening along that can provide assistance. On a Sunday that can be a tough call.

SO as I was getting prepared to fix my tire the doorbell rang and lo and behold the PR3 arrived :) I spent the next couple of hours trying to replace it, man I Know I'm doing something wrong, what a PITA.

Back