are the leo cans street or track

papaageorgio

Well a while back in early December I bought a 2008 red with 1500mi and was nervous about getting a bike without looking at it in person but all that went away once I saw it at the shop to pick it up. It had a pc3 and a leo vince witch even now I wonder if the boys in blue will have something to say about it here in north WI. Any advice on what to do if I get crap about loud pipes, law here states that no pipe can be louder than the manufactured muff for that model witch is why a Harley can shake apples off a tree and be legal since it comes off the line that way. Yes the baffle is in there and was thinking about taking off the leo sticker since its kind of a eye catcher.
Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

After I got it home we got hit by a 22" drop of snow. Still didn't get to take it for a spin around the block "very sad". Some of the members here said lets see some pics and lets see whats inside. I opened it up and saw that was a K@N filter witch is not what people seem to favor but im just going with it. Why stop lets add CD flies everyone does something to mod them it seems and open up the air box and block the ais even though after revving it
I didn't notice any popping but im sure its different when the motor is on a load vs on the center stand.
Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

I know it looks frozen but it was almost 35f yesterday and ive been waiting for this last cold snap to pass to finish this up.
Picture020.jpg

And the before pics the dealer sent me.
IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9837.jpg

them leds are crazy bright and I like the look of the clear flush.

IMG_9879.jpg

Intergraded tail blinks sorry couldn't get a good pic of the blink though.

Picture005.jpg

Thought I had a pic of the filter and air box but oh well.
So I hope anyone out there using the leo vince can put my mind to ease, I looked at the leo site and they say the evo II baffle makes it slightly louder than stock im sure for legal reasons. Is this can track only? or am I getting all bent out of shape over nothing?

And last im think of buying this TS seat in long seems like the normal seating is too cramped.

http://www.topsellerie.com/@images/selles/larges/2299.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say your worried about nothing as far as that pipe goes.

If the HD fellas are getting away with it, you've got no problems.

Harleys actually have a rather subdued exhaust note with the stock pipes.
a fair number of the Harley crowd equate loud with fast.

I can make my Cub Cadet lawn tractor loud by removing the muffler, but that isn't gonna make break any 1/4 mile records. :0)

Ya I guess your right. I bought the bike this way and only seen a couple of gen 1 running arround all stock and this 1 sonds a little deeper. Ill feel better about if once I get to take it for a ride. I don't know what this sounds like stock and now that I opened up intake some hopefully everyone just take it as a stock pipe once the sticker is gone the color seems to match the other bits.

There are almost no aftermarket pipes or slip-on exhausts for motorcycles that are street legal. That being said, here in NH, they do not care about what DOT stamp it has or not, it is the decibel measurement that makes or breaks your choice. The Two Brothers will not pass in NH without a db killer installed. I removed all doubt and went with the P4 tip which is the smallest tip they offer. I passed a checkpoint with a 92 db reading at 3500 RPMs. I keep that contact card with the motorcycle now as proof that the bike is legal.

Here in Louisiana, there are no laws concerning noise from an exhaust-two or four wheels.
There are some insanely loud cruisers around here....pick-up trucks too.

Since the OP is in Wisconsin (land of the motor company) I'm sure his Leo Vince on the FZ will be nothing compared to a lot of bikes there.

Ride on! :sport12:

There is no db law in WI and im sure it will end up with me prooving that its no louder than stock witch I can not " i know i know guilty till proven inoccint". That being said removing the leo sticker and playing dumb is all I can do because cops here allways start off by saying " There were complaints about a motorcycle pipes being too loud" -- ya right 3x with my first bike ninja 500 1x with my zx6 and both were bone stock. No tickets and no warnings. I guess what im trying to say is this is my first 1000cc and the first 1 modded in any way. Id rather spend money on more goodies for this bike than pay fines and have a red lawn ornimant

lol i just looked over the replies and yes there is a guy next door to me with a Honda rvt1000r he still runs the pi$$ out of it weekly with no worries so im sure ill be fine but ill wait till I see other bike on the move first before I make myself known

I just have to say, What kind of country are we living in these days when the government can tell us how loud our cars and bikes can be? Before you know it they will be telling us what color they have to be and what time of day you are allowed to ride them. Welcome to communist America!

Back