Apex Clip ons, change riding angle?

Sevinsky

I was looking at FZOMB1's topic on FZ1OA about the Apex Clip-On Handlebars. It seems in this picture

2hgb8lx.jpg

that he has the bars mounted below where the key is inserted on the forks.

Can this be done and be ridden correctly?

Also does this alter your bodies form while riding the bike? (Shift it more forward?)

I am very interested in doing this mod as I would like to be able to sit at more of an angle on my bike.

Are there any upsides or down sides to riding at an increased angle?

Anybody know?

ALSO

Would I be able to remount my naked light easily AND install a windscreen such as a puig for it?

Thanks

-Sevinsky

That's a pretty radical drop and may bring you into sport-bike territory as far a s riding position. Not sure what kind of issues you'll have with the bars interring, but cables and hoses may prove too long. I think a better option may be to get shorter risers and keep the stock handlebars. This will lower the bar and shift your weight forward, but not too much.

It will alter your riding position dramatically. You will be hunched over quite a bit. I think you have to be very careful about the bar angle because the will contact the tank before hitting the steering lock, which means you increase your steering radius.

It will alter your riding position dramatically. You will be hunched over quite a bit. I think you have to be very careful about the bar angle because the will contact the tank before hitting the steering lock, which means you increase your steering radius.

Even if the bars are angled outwards more? I have the naked conversion so that would also remove the fairing getting in the way.

I think Hellgate has the Apex bars and are a better option than the low clip ons. Consider, If you rotate the low clip ons out to avoid tank contact, the angle for riding will be really weird and unnatural.

Back