Anyonehad this issue?

drclarksmith

I had put some aftermarket turn signal lights on a long time ago, they work but are not very bright at all. So I ordered some more LED lights (not to replace the ones that are there) but instead to add to the lights that are there to make me more noticeable when on the road. I added to the back, no issues, and they look great, but when I added to the front and connected the wires together, the old and new do not work together? Either the new ones will work and the old ones won't, or vise versa.....but not both?? I can't figure out why when the wires touch, one cancels the other out. (I don't want to take off the old ones because they fit well into the side of the bike.) Anyone have any suggestions what to do?? Please Help.

CJ

CJ,
This is strange. I've never tried to mount more than one set of flashers on the bike before, so I don't have any experience with this sort of thing. A couple of questions come to mind:

-Have you changed the flasher relay or have you added load resistors to compensate for the lower power consumption of the LEDs?

-Have you made any other changes to the wiring except for branching off extra wires for the new LEDs?

-What is the expected power consumption of your LEDs?

/E

Back