Anyone?

Doc Samson

Never had any luck finding potential riding mates on other forums, so figured I'd post here and see if I can continue the streak! :p

I'm based in Winchester, VA and typically ride the twisty roads within a 60 mile radius. Would love to do some exploring with anyone interested!

Also, gonna pimp my favorite "general" moto forum - www.motorcycleforum.com - Good group of very knowledgeable folks and a lot of interesting, on and off topic posts!

I don't see a "Let's Ride" or "Upcoming Rides" section in the motorcycleforum page... if there was one of those, I might have joined.

When I lived in Alabama, I posted up on the FZ1OA forum and "BamaRides" forums, and just posted up my planned rides. I would put together a base camp route, post it up, and eventually, I started getting other riders to start to join in.

When I moved to Houston, I found the Two Wheeled Texans forum (recommended by a fellow FZ1OA member), and I started posting up all my rides. A few others started to bite, and it really took off. I met at last 20 or 30 other members and we ended up having a small group of die-hards and we all gathered to ride. I ran that thread for nearly 9 years, and met a lot of good folks and had some great rides!

I'm still searching for a similar forum here in KY, but I do post a lot of rides on the FZ1OA forum... just don't seem to have many members in KY anymore.

Give it a try. post up a date, time, meeting place, and a route map, and you might get a bite! I may start dong that here as well. I just noticed the "are you coming?" section (thanks). Could be worth a try! Persistence... sometimes it works!

Back