Anyone wreck with shogun sliders?

Thinking about buying a set of Shogun sliders. My only reservation is the length of the puck...3-inches seems kinda short. Anyone gone down with these and if so, how'd they work?

I did a low-speed high side with T-Rex sliders and can vouch for those. It did a fantastic job protecting the bike, so well that I bought another set to replace the damaged one. :tup: No idea on the Shogun sliders though... The problem with T-Rex is them keeping a stock of them!

Thinking about buying a set of Shogun sliders. My only reservation is the length of the puck...3-inches seems kinda short. Anyone gone down with these and if so, how'd they work?

Well you don't want the sliders to be too long either to the point where they will act as a leverage point and do further damage to the bike. If they stick out at least an inch beyond the frame, which is what you're trying to protect, then the Shogun's should be fine. I don't know what price you can get them for, but as mentioned the T-Rex sliders are a great value.

Well you don't want the sliders to be too long either to the point where they will act as a leverage point and do further damage to the bike. If they stick out at least an inch beyond the frame, which is what you're trying to protect, then the Shogun's should be fine. I don't know what price you can get them for, but as mentioned the T-Rex sliders are a great value.

Tony, what you want to measure is what points the bike will contact the ground. The best way to do this is with a 4'x8' piece of plywood or drywall. Slide it up against the tires then lift the sheet to see what hits first and what will hit second. (helps to have a friend hold the bike upright while you lift and measure) Measure from the frame out to the fascia of the plywood and add a bit for coverage and grinding of the puck. While T-Rex appears to be long, I found it to only be about 10mm longer than I'd have picked. This left me a bit concerned about the standard Shogun sliders being a bit short. I think Shogun makes longer ones but I couldn't find them at the time.

Tony, what you want to measure is what points the bike will contact the ground. The best way to do this is with a 4'x8' piece of plywood or drywall. Slide it up against the tires then lift the sheet to see what hits first and what will hit second. (helps to have a friend hold the bike upright while you lift and measure) Measure from the frame out to the fascia of the plywood and add a bit for coverage and grinding of the puck. While T-Rex appears to be long, I found it to only be about 10mm longer than I'd have picked. This left me a bit concerned about the standard Shogun sliders being a bit short. I think Shogun makes longer ones but I couldn't find them at the time.

IMHO They are more than long enough to protect your frame which is what they are designed for.

I'm pretty sure these are Shogun Sliders.
They were on the bike when I bought it and they held up real well when I had a wreck about 2 yrs ago. The REALLY kept the damage to a minimum.

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

I bought some T-Rex Sliders to replace these but after thinking about it - I'm probably going to try to sand these down and repair them. I really like the way they look and like I said, they did a fantastic job.

Last edited:
The shorter Shoguns work well on the Gen I because of where they mount which is a lot lower than on the Gen II. On the Gen I, I can easily understand a want for shorter sliders. :D

Back