anyone in texas?

One thing I found when shopping for mine. Most of the really good advertised prices came with ridiculously high dealer fees for freight, set up, paper work and one even had a fee for the fuel in the bike. I walked out of 1 dealer after being lured in with a low advertised price.
I suggest emailing the dealers and asking for an out the door price with all fees included. Then if you find a price you like, printout the email and bring it with you for the purchase.

One thing I found when shopping for mine. Most of the really good advertised prices came with ridiculously high dealer fees for freight, set up, paper work and one even had a fee for the fuel in the bike. I walked out of 1 dealer after being lured in with a low advertised price.
I suggest emailing the dealers and asking for an out the door price with all fees included. Then if you find a price you like, printout the email and bring it with you for the purchase.

Agree that you have to get an OTD price. They can pdf their offer sheet to you with all the fees listed, then you can shuffle in and do the deal. Bottom line price is the important thing.

Agree that you have to get an OTD price. They can pdf their offer sheet to you with all the fees listed, then you can shuffle in and do the deal. Bottom line price is the important thing.

I never even thought about the fees that could be added on. One out in michigan is an 09 blue still in the crate. Which means they could add some serious fees is my guess.

So the OTD price for that fz is just under $8500. Weird thing though is I found the exact same bike on ebay. Ebay price is $7687, wonder if there are any hidden fees on their ebay price
Yamaha : FZ Yamaha : FZ | eBay

Probably does not include set up, freight charges (from Yamaha to them), other dealer fees or any document fees (stated in their conditons of sale). Might be worth shooting them a note through eBay or calling them on Tuesday. Suspect that at the end of the day the two prices will be pretty close.

Just looked at my sales receipt on my '09 bought last year and I was charged $396 for freight, $157 for set up, $50 for doc fees, and $96.30 for title/license/inspection. So you will probably wind up paying close to $8,500 OTD, then you will have to pay your state sales tax when you register it in your home state.

I'm on a mission :sinister: I've now found a used black 07 with just under 2k miles. with a "yamaha racing exhaust GYTR" and frame sliders. He is asking $5k for it and it sounds like its in great shape. I'll be talking with my credit union tomorrow after work and if things go good I hope to go check it out either wednesday or saturday afternoon. :sport12:

I just sent an email to a dealer in michigan with a gray 09 for $6990. Hoping to get some pictures from them and also hoping it isn't the two tone with the black and gray. From what I've seen shipping from most places is around $500. Which I don't think is too bad.

Thanks for watching for deals on them for me. I will be on one before summer gets here.

If it is a 2009 it is black and gray. The rear cowl, grab bars and tank will be gray. Uper front cowl is galaxy (slight metalic) black.

Back