anyone here make bbq?? pics inside!

oldschoolsdime92

After going to Tennessee to ride in June, i was blessed to eat some of the best food I've ever had. I returned to Ohio and started trying bbq around here and nothing was even close. I did some research and bought a smoker. I've since done a few pork butts,a chuck roast, lots of chicken, and now I want to smoke some salmon. Anyone else into the bbq hobby?

IMAG1608.jpg

IMAG1614.jpg

IMAG1622.jpg

IMAG1623.jpg

Here's a few misc pics from my cooking adventures

IMAG1540.jpg

Seasoning my smoker when first bought

IMAG1400.jpg

Smoked fish

I tried smoking Salmon but the papers got wet!

Now this is what came to mind for me.:smokin2:

But seriously........, I do smoke salmon when I can find nice fresh WILD slamon, not the farmed crap that has the texture of hamburger.

I soak a piece of cedar fence board (untreated!, smooth 1 side) overnight in a 5 gallon pail, with a brick to hold it under. I chop fresh garlic cloves coarsley (a whole garlic bulb for a good size salmon filet) chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, fresh parsley and pine-nuts. Spread mix over salmon filet (meat side) and lay on soaked cedar plank (skin side to board) and put in low heat BBQ until meat is firm, but not dry. Out of this world!

Last edited:
After going to Tennessee to ride in June, i was blessed to eat some of the best food I've ever had. I returned to Ohio and started trying bbq around here and nothing was even close. I did some research and bought a smoker. I've since done a few pork butts,a chuck roast, lots of chicken, and now I want to smoke some salmon. Anyone else into the bbq hobby?

IMAG1608.jpg

IMAG1614.jpg

IMAG1622.jpg

IMAG1623.jpg

Here's a few misc pics from my cooking adventures

IMAG1540.jpg

Seasoning my smoker when first bought

IMAG1400.jpg

Totally into it. I have 2 of the same smoker as you.

I might do a little... :stirpot:
the best I've done so far... chuck roast makes excellent beef bbq... hickory/mesquit wood.... topped it with a couple of habaneros... spicy beef bbq.... 5 lbs, 20 people, it was gone.... was amazing how the smokiness blended with the peppers

and I prefer dry, not sloppy. just my personal preference

ribs.jpg

this is so cool! I joined a bbq forum also(The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. - Powered by vBulletin). I'm glad im not the only one that takes pictures of the food! Any suggestions on a good salmon recipe?

For Salmon, I will go two ways. The first is minced or chopped garlic/basil infused extra virgin olive oil (homemade), sea salt and fresh ground black pepper....lemon squeeze before serving...or 2nd way; same ev olive oil recipe and Chef Paul Prudhomme's Salmon Magic Seasoning...awesome!
Either one can be done with or without cooking on a cedar plank...cedar plank cooking takes more experience and time.
Nothing like Salmon...YUM, and it's great for you!
If you have a whole salmon, stuff it with FRESH herbs (of you choice) and butter..unbeleivable...!

Back