Anyone here have a Hayabusa?

I'm considering adding a gen 1 bus to my stable. The only problem is I don't know a single person with one (or a gen 2 or a zx14...) - everyone I know who rides either has a supersport or HD.

I don't want to buy a bike that I can't test ride for at least a half hour, mainly on the highway, since that's where I would use the bike the most. So is there anyone here with one who lives in / near to NJ or eastern PA who would be willing to switch up and ride my fz while I ride the bus? If so, please let me know. I'll fill up you tank for the trouble. Thanks.

BTW, I've been riding on the streets for 12 years, never down, and have owned a gsxr750, 1000, r1, zx10r, and fz1.

MX I am sure you will find someone in your area...I would start by going to the dealerships in your area; most around here will let you ride and get a good feel for most any bike....(((((Go and look at a Suzuki B-King; their just as fast if not faster...))))) lot of good used ones out there....

I'm not close enough, and I don't own one anyway, but I can tell you they have a more aggressive position that the FZ1, but not full SS. You most likely already know that, but I had :2cents: laying around, so I tossed it your way.

Good luck with the potential purchase. Pretty decent bikes from what I know. I have never ridden one, but I know a guy from Chicago that had a Gen I and just bought the Gen II. He likes them quite a bit.

Regarding the B-King... man I would LOVE to have one. They only made 'em one year... 2008. A friend in Austin had one, he loved it. But he sold it to buy a piece of land. Now he has a GSX-R 750. Go figure.

Rob

Cheapest I have seen the B-Kings around here is 7k.....yea 08 is the only year....I have a friend in McKinney Tx.....owns one.....its a bad dog !.........bike scared hell out of me and I thought I was not scared of anything....lol....!!!!....I want to say it has the Busa engine..

Yeah that sounds about right for price. There's a dealer in town who has a new one and they still want $10k+ for it.

It does have the 'Busy motor. It's the only "naked" bike I know of that doesn't have a "de-tuned" motor in it.

Rob

I had a gen 1 busa (99 model ) for seven years sold it in feb this year and bought the fz1. It is with out doubt an absolutely awesome piece of kit , little too long wheel base for tight corners but will certainly handle all the same .
The power delivery is so smooth all the way up to the top , if you can hang on that long !! . It would return 50 mpg all day long . I loved mine and only sold it as i found it too uncomfortable after an injury ,, I am 6ft 2" witch didnt help ,

I think you will be sold once you try one ,a little heavy but you soon get used to it :smoking:

I used to own a gen one busa and it was a great bike the only down side is that the foot pegs are to high and make a long trip a bit cramped but if you fit a set of buel foot pegs its heaps better.
Also the reach to the bars is a bit of a pain I think that the fuel tank needs to be at least 2 inches shorter so you don't feel so stretched out.
You will need to set up the suspension as in stock settings its crap but once set up its like a different bike.
Nearly forgot they love to eat back tyres..

Last edited:
B-king is a sick bike I have driven my buddy's bike a few times and it will literally pull your head off over 100 with the power and wind. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed with a busa if you're ok with the riding position.

Back