Anyone have this happen?

Today I was riding around Atlanta, I finally got a chance to take the bike out since I put the new yoshi exhaust on it. Let me tell you its EFFING LOUD!!!! I love it, although I'm worried it may be tooo loud I'll find out when I get pulled over lol. ANYWAYS...

I was coming home when some d-bag decided last SECOND he was gonna turn right I did have a good 1 and half car distance from me to him but with him stopping suddenly and turning I still had to hit the breaks. I came to a skidding stop, I was literally sideways, the ABS kicked in and kept me from flipping over thank god, but when I finally stopped the engine cut out.

I've never had this happen to me before when I've had to made sudden emergency stops. Does anyone know what may have been the cause? I know it has a engine cut sensor if you drop it. But is there anything that cuts the engine off if you make sudden emergency skidding stops?:confused:

The instant that you hit the brakes, did you have the clutch lever in by that time. Even if you hit the brakes just a couple of seconds before the clutch, it would be enough to kill the motor.

The instant that you hit the brakes, did you have the clutch lever in by that time. Even if you hit the brakes just a couple of seconds before the clutch, it would be enough to kill the motor.

I pulled the clutch in before I did the breaks. I was thinking that as well but I literally always pull the clutch in before breaking.

I'm stumped. If it wasn't the clutch thing then it may have just been a freak occurance. I do know that in older cars, such as mine, if you slam on the brakes, you severely deplete the manifold vacuum, causing the engine to die. The older Ford Econoline vans used to do the same thing when you were turning the steering wheel to lock while turning and hold it there with pressure. Why the same would happen on a bike, I'm not sure.

Might have been enough g-force from a sideways sliding stop to slap the tip sensor enough to kill the motor? Other than this, no clue why the bike would stop running.

I also did not know we had ABS GEN II bikes in the U.S. To my knowledge, those are only in Europe?

i know when i dropped my bike it did this and wouldnt start for awhile did you lay it down completely??

nope kept it shiney side up and it immediately started. I think I'll just take it to a shop to have it checked out for "Just in case $#1t". Better safe than sorry.:poke:

No abs in Canada

To my knowledge the FZ's have never yet been offered with ABS in Canada. I was surprised when I first saw a European version that had it.

Back