anyone have or heard of these exhaust?

I've only seen Youtube vids of this exhaust on other bikes, it seems like it may be pretty loud, but I'm sure a dampener would bring would that if it was too loud.

I'd stay away... it's typical chinese quality stuff.... I'd wait until you had the proper funds to buy a real brand name exhaust.... spend a few more bucks... but save a bunch in the future.

Here is a thread about it on the other forum, the guy seems to be pretty happy with it after he got everything straightened out. One of the mods might be able to rip the pic for you, but they may not be allowed to I don't know.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii/1607-2-days-old.html

similar title, but do not know if it is the same -- but for reference anyway....

Adam

No its nothing like it.
Mine is handmade in the united kingdom,and is warranted for life.The quality of the welds and overall manufacture is very good
Everything required came in the package,ie clamps hanger etc,it was fitted in an hour and doesn`t rub on any thing.
Thouroughly reccomend it.
Edit to add,that MTC have many different styles and all cans will fit the bike,it is the link pipe that is bike specific

fz1001.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

fz1005.jpg

check out MTC Exhausts - Performance Motorcycle Exhaust Suppliers - Home Page

They are happy to answer questions and always email back

Last edited:
VERY NICE I ENDED UP GETTING A TWO BROTHERS ALUMINUM SLIP ON FROM MY LOCAL DEALER FOR 298 BUCKS SO I DID THAT INSTEAD STILL WAITING ON IT HOPEFULLY ILL HAVE IT TOMORROW AND I HOPE ITS LOUD:wilynily:

VERY NICE I ENDED UP GETTING A TWO BROTHERS ALUMINUM SLIP ON FROM MY LOCAL DEALER FOR 298 BUCKS SO I DID THAT INSTEAD STILL WAITING ON IT HOPEFULLY ILL HAVE IT TOMORROW AND I HOPE ITS LOUD:wilynily:

I have the Two Bros... it isn't too loud, but loud enough. The Two Bros is more of a DEEP tone sound but really wakes the neighbors if you leave the driveway WOT.

Due to strict police enforcement of the noice law here, I had to buy a P4 tip for it though. I intend to install it this weekend with a before and after video of the sound difference. If the P4 tip doesn't make this legal, I am forced to put the stock can on. :eek: :rant:

And you can get the MTC exhaust shipped to the U.S. for $235 which I think is a pretty good buy for a stainless exhaust that sounds and looks good. I am seriously thinking about picking one up myself. ;)

No its nothing like it.
Mine is handmade in the united kingdom,and is warranted for life.The quality of the welds and overall manufacture is very good
Everything required came in the package,ie clamps hanger etc,it was fitted in an hour and doesn`t rub on any thing.
Thouroughly reccomend it.
Edit to add,that MTC have many different styles and all cans will fit the bike,it is the link pipe that is bike specific

They are happy to answer questions and always email back

Thanks for the bit of education, Gunny! I was just looking at the general profile of the can -- not giving ANY consideration to the knock off kings....

Adam

So, the P4 tip came in! :D That's the good news!

The bad news is, two of the bolts to put the tip in stripped! One came out with all the threads and the other is just spinning in the hole. Doesn't say much for Two Bros quality! So, I am going to get 6 SS allen heads that are slightly bigger, then I have to drill and tap all six holes. :( Last time I buy the cheaper exhaust...

that sux man ....you should post a before and after video:poke:

Yes, planned ahead of time. :D Someone else had asked about a vid so I promised that I would set up the video camera and not the digi cam on video, and roll film before, then with the camera still on the tripod in the same spot, roll film after.

The claim for the P4 tip is a max 99db. I don't own a meter though so I'll have to judge by ear until I can find someone or go visit a friend who does own one. Awe sucks... another 100+ mile ride? Damn! ;) :icon_beer:

I didn't buy the exhaust to be loud or make enemies but I do like the sound of it where others don't. I bought it originally because of the 5 hp increase (claimed) and the weight reduction (which is a good portion of that found HP claim). So, I hope this gets me legal because the thought of putting the stock can back on really leaves a sour taste. :shoot: :rant: :wilynily:

Well guys, my new to me 05 FZ1 came with the Delkevic can as well as the stock can. Discussion of the change was breif, but the previous owner did say that the carbs were rejetted. Now I'm not sure if that was the 'jet-kit' or mearly the jets themselves. I'll admit that I'm not framilliar with the FZ1 'jet-kit' and its contents but from past experiance with my Buell, it consisted of jets, needle and odds and ends. Now the FZ1, I'm not sure about if the needle's come with the kit. That being said, the exhaust was added, and subsequently the 'jet-kit'. As for fit and finish...... I'm very pleased with the chrome, hardware, welds and overall quality and appearance. The exhaust tone is very pleasing, and is louder than stock, but not LeoVinci louder. The db. level is probably likely to fall within that allowable by inspection and state laws, plus the law enforcement would likely not be drawn to any excessivly loud pipe, thus a bit of nice sounding stealth. Now in a couple pictures you'll notice next to the welds that it is disscolored, with the appearance of 'rust', or 'brown'. It is not rust, but the discoloration of welding, somewhat like welded ti in principal though different colored. I am very pleased that this pipe was on the bike when I got it, and the stocker was included as well. I believe that this will be one of those 'sleeper' items that goes largly overlooked because of misguided asumptions/perceptions of Chinese work. And to tell the truth, I'd say its hard to believe it's manufactured in China. The parent company resides in the UK as far as I know. For those hesetant, if your close to south central NC. you might want to meet up with me for a look and 'hear'. I recomend this pipe and additionally the end noise reducer comes out with a screw and not rivits so that if you are looking for more distinction, its likely available.

ps. sorry its not all cleaned up, this is from four days of riding and with a handprint smudge and dirt or dust. I might add that the quality of the chrome was impeckable, with no clouding or fog-like defects. Apearance-wise, the chrome is as good as any I'v seen, infact some of the more domestic/popular cans should be so nice....lol....

Back