Anyone Had A Shop Do This?

well as it stands currently on my 03 FZ1, im not comfortable cutting up the inner fender to beable to use a fender eliminator, so has anyone here ever had a shop do that work on there gen 1? still cant believe they would even make a flap that wasnt bolt on and off for this year...

Thanks

No. Although my shop has been giving me more and more reason not to give them anymore business.

Can you provide a picture of the elimimator so as to offer the best plan of attack before yielding to the stealer?

there is a few different ones out there, fortunately I did my research before I actually purchased one, but either way no matter what kit or bracket I get, the flap needs to be cut off, no way around that part of it.

Are you doing just the relocation of the signals/license or are you doing a european setup that pretty much does away with stock?

planning to do away with the stock setup completely, have already installed the clear led tails with integrated blinkers. sorry for the late reply btw

i didnt buy a fender eleminator for mine i just cut the flap off and done...put the blinkers in the tail light if i can i will post a pic of it later as said before all you need is a dremel and some time....

Last edited:
yeah that doesnt look to bad, but I did manage to talk to a shop out of town, as the shop in my town doesnt have very pleasant people running it, if I pick up the kit the with new plates that attatch to the bottom they said they can take care of the installation, trying to keep my bike as clean looking as possible, really helps with the trade in. appreciate the pics though, if I change my mind on it I might give it a try, just dont wana mess it up, if I do it costs me money, if the shop does, thats their money haha :)

Back