Anyone ever own a Hayabusa or CBR1000RR?

There's no way you can get me to ride a Busa... But a ZX14... that is nice. If you buddy hasn't driven in year. The old 1000cc is the new 600's!

76kz900

There's no way you can get me to ride a Busa... But a ZX14... that is nice. If you buddy hasn't driven in year. The old 1000cc is the new 600's!

I have an old kz in my garage to finish. The performance difference between my 900 and today's 600 is amazing. No wonder they are so popular. They fly.

:thewave::thewave::thewave:

How do you "turn down" HP?

Ah, USA - the land of freedom. Need European laws here that prevent noobs from owning anything above 100 hp.

How does Japan and Europe build these 1000cc+ rockets to NOT have 150+ HP? What a manufacturing PAIN. Is it all in the ECM?

Years ago our NBC affiliate did a two part story on the fate of young men and women and the life-span of 600cc Sport Bikes. Because low cost, very high HP, and inexperience, our two local recyclers claimed the average 600 had 3,000 on the odometer, from first being wrecked, then stolen within "one year." Lots of fatalities.

75% of our CG Bike Night stable is 600s. Serious bang for the buck.

I hope my cousin realizes what that Hayabusa is capable of doing.

:thewave:

I rode a 'Busa for several years. It was - without a doubt - the most awesome bike I have ever owned. It was comfortable, fast, and quick. It was also the ONLY bike I ever did a 600 mile day on. I miss it a lot. Sold it because I needed cash for another project and regret I did so.

I bought the Thunderace because it has almost the exact same ergos as a Hayabusa for knee and back bend.

I suppose "ugly" is in the eyes of the beholder - but I liked it.

207734_1016772599858_3638537_n.jpg

Shot of me and the "Busa carving some mountain passes in the Hill Country's infamous Twisted Sisters...

5528_1036166804701_396856_n.jpg

This thread just illustrates the 'ass for every seat & seat for every ass' mantra. That's part of the fun of riding! :thewave:

BAHAHAHAHA. He said ass.

Don't feel bad. My wife saw me going down the highway on the FZ. She said I looked like the "Toy" rider sitting upright on a toy motorcycle. WHAT! She thought it was cute. NO WAY! I wanted to trade mine in on an R1 the next day. I am supposed to look "Baddass, like the gang on Mad Max." Cute...oh well.

:spank2::spank2::spank2:

Do the naked conversion. Everybody loves my bike, I haven't had one person say a dislike to it, even HD guys come up and ask me about it. It's even better with the black rims on it. The only thing they ever say is that the bike looks little under my 6'4"240lb 'ass'. I tell them "it's a 1000 cc bike and I top out in first gear at 88, so it's plenty big enough for me" Which usually gets a :jaw drop:'whoa, be safe out there.' :shine:

GREAT Color

I rode a 'Busa for several years. It was - without a doubt - the most awesome bike I have ever owned. It was comfortable, fast, and quick. It was also the ONLY bike I ever did a 600 mile day on. I miss it a lot. Sold it because I needed cash for another project and regret I did so.

I bought the Thunderace because it has almost the exact same ergos as a Hayabusa for knee and back bend.

Looks like fun.

At 59 and this 2008 being my first bike, it might be the only bike I ever own.

207734_1016772599858_3638537_n.jpg

Shot of me and the "Busa carving some mountain passes in the Hill Country's infamous Twisted Sisters...

5528_1036166804701_396856_n.jpg

I like that color combo on the Busa's I could do that..lol

Someone said I look "tall on my 08." I am 6'1" & 211 lbs (and heading to 195). A Cruiser would KILL my bad Lumbar, so this is a good compromise.

I'm right there with you. I have a bulging disc at L5-S1 and it is worse in the cruiser seating position. The Fz1 stacks my vertebrae just perfect.

I was messing around with a guy on a 'busa the other day from light to light. He dropped me by about 10 yards each time. I had the jump on him both times but the dam lug in the 3500-6000 before the Fz1 gets into it's power band sunk me. We both never left 1st gear and quit after about 75-80.

I think the 'busa would be fun, but I sat on one and really didn't like the ergonomics for my body.

Hold the throttle at 7, 500 to 8, 500 and feather the clutch to launch the bike.

Just don't dump the clutch or you may be in for a surprise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hold the throttle at 7, 500 to 8, 500 and feather the clutch to launch the bike.

I know, the engine either lugs down if I dump it too much or the wheel comes up a little bit, kinda skipping along the ground. My fat ass is hard to get up in the air.

I find if I launch around 5,000-6,000 that is about as smooth as I can get right now. Thanks for the advice I'll keep working on that.

I usually dump the clutch at 2500RPM and hold the throttle wide open. It is certainly not the fastest launch the FZ1 is able to do, but it's not very hard on the clutch and it's still a damn sight faster to 60 than anything I see on the roads on a regular basis. Every now and then I will hold the tach at 7K and let it go, but it makes my heart hurt a little using the clutch like that, so I save it for special occasions.

Dont get me wrong , but why on earth would you want to launch your bike like this ? Unless on a drag strip !! Should come with a health warning for those who may try this at home ,who havnt got a clue what will happen when it goes tits up.

Back