Anyone else had this problem?

drclarksmith

I changed the battery in my 2008 FZ1 today because it was due and the old battery was not holding charge. After installation the bike started up fine and i rode to the gas station to put some gas in it. It died rolling into the gas station. It starts back up fine, but when it's on idle it almost idles like an old muscle car, when it's camming.... It's kinda running like it did when I gutted the cat, replaced the airbox with a bmc air filter, and added an akrapovic slip-on, and before I tuned the power commander III......I was wondering if this is because when the battery is disconnected the power commander loses it's mapping and needs to be reprogrammed?? Or is it from using a little sea foam to help burn out all the old carbon in the bike, since it's sat for a while? Please Help?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWDnXzPLAdA]07 FZ1 weird idling - YouTube[/ame]

Mine did this once in a great while. Setting the idle to 1350 cured it.

Occasionally it still happens after restarting hot, but a couple blips of the throttle and its gone.

there is a silver knob on the left side of the bike just below the frame. let the bike warm up and then turn the knob clockwise to increase idle

thanks

it worked with the throttle knob increase to 1350. Thank all of you for your help and expertise. Such a good group of folks we have here at FZ1-forum.com!!

Hi Guys! I have a 2009 FZ1 (black). Have been using it for 2 years now, no prob. Replaced battery once. Yesterday I started it up. The engine purred for some secs, then it died off. I tried a few times - same prob. Can start up but die off a little later. I carried out the diag tests as suggested by Cobalt. At d61, the error codes are 30, 41 and 43. I don't have the service manual. Can anyone help, please?

Back