Anyone done Shogun Frame Sliders?

Sactown2008

I put my "swing arm" sliders on last week.

The parts clerk at the Yamaha dealer said, "for the frames sliders, put the bike on the center stand, then your rolling floor jack under the engine to keep it from dropping, when you do one side at a time. I had mine drop and I cross-thread the engine bolt hole."

Does this sound right? If the engine dropped I'd be denting the bottom of the headers with my 3 ton automotive floor jack.

Definitely only do one side at a time when installing sliders as essentially what you are doing is replacing one of the engine mount bolts. I installed sliders on my bike and I didn't use a jack and they went in just fine, but I guess it could be possible that the engine moves slightly. When he says the engine will "drop" it will only be moving a hair or two if anything which will prevent the holes from lining up perfectly.

So IMO using a jack to support the engine will not cause any harm as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. The jack will only be supporting the engine not holding the entire weight, and the headers are tougher then you might think.

So IMO using a jack to support the engine will not cause any harm as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. The jack will only be supporting the engine not holding the entire weight, and the headers are tougher then you might think.

Thank you very much. Next Saturday's assignment (then of course the manditory ride around town to acclimate myself to this beast).

:thewave:

I know I'm coming in late but I just put mine on a coupla weeks ao and did not use a jack and was done w both side in like 4 mins. no worries!

Done

I know I'm coming in late but I just put mine on a coupla weeks ao and did not use a jack and was done w both side in like 4 mins. no worries!

Thanks for the advice. Put them on yesterday. It was very fast. Of course then I had to dust the whole bike and lube the chain. Heaven forbid I pay bills, pull weeds in the backyard with the wife or finish the taxes, when there is a very clean red FZ1 to wipe down. :rofl::rofl:

:rmwl:

Back