any takers

Tissues please...
5Lf5Gc5M53L43Ic3Ffc385da1837b059919bd.jpg

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2891736235.html

Last edited:
I know NJ you showed that to me a few weeks ago and I have been watching it.... I have to be careful, I am single and foolish. I keep telling myself that they will be fine for IRA's (retirement accounts:rofl:)

I know NJ you showed that to me a few weeks ago and I have been watching it.... I have to be careful, I am single and foolish. I keep telling myself that they will be fine for IRA's (retirement accounts:rofl:)

Well I'm sure if you kept it inside and didn't ride it it would make a fine investment, but what fun is that!

There's was an '85 RZ350 with 5 miles that just went for over $12k on eBay. Nice machine, but it's just an expensive prop at this point...

I like clean bikes, but that can be ridden as well. Not much fun to just look at them...

What were these going for back in the day?

Not sure you could buy the in the US (unless you were a racer). I did find the following info online:

"Yamaha only made 500 units of the OW01, which was just as well – the bike was very expensive, costing two million yen in 1989 in Japan (about US$17,400 at current exchange rates) and about US$25,500 elsewhere. And if that wasn’t enough, you could spend another US$5,000 on buying a racing kit from Yamaha, which would get you more fancy bits for your FZR750RR."

Sort of like the Honda RC30...remember these bike only existed for homologation purposes so they were very expensive and it's possible the manufacturers lost money on them, but those were the rules back then in World Superbike racing..

question, are those air intake ports on the front running thru tubes towards tank on both sides to help with cooling engine? havent seen that before.

Plus ONE Tony . . . .!

I'm with you Tony. If you can't RIDE them, not as much fun owning them. . . . . for me at least.

As much as I like a good investment, you only go around once in life. :Rockon:

Is it just me, or are those 90's Yamahas just plain badazz looking! It's like they are just ageless! They are just as aesthetically pleasing as any modern sportbike you see these days! Kudos to those engineers back then!

Is it just me, or are those 90's Yamahas just plain badazz looking! It's like they are just ageless! They are just as aesthetically pleasing as any modern sportbike you see these days! Kudos to those engineers back then!

Actually from the late '80s into the early '90s Yamaha had some classy looking bikes. They got a little "lost" in the mid '90s until the '98 R1 debuted.

To this day one of my favorite bikes is the '89 FZR1000 :D

If I ever come across a nice clean one I'll add it to the stable :)

What a beauty!
attachment.php

Back