Any good tire sales?

Has anyone seen any good tire sales?

Cycle Gear had Dunlop Q2 (or whatever they are) a week ago for $209 a pair and stupid me forgot to buy a set. I'm looking for 016s, or 2CTs, Q2, etc. Essentually a dual compound tire.

Thanks!

Try Performance Cycle of Denver, I cant remeber what there prices were but they were pretty decent if I remeber. I cant remember off the top of my head what there website is but just google Performance cycle of Denver or Colorado and that will lead you to there site. Friend just found the old Dunlop D220 for $40 for a rear tire on his BMW. Hope they have a good deal for ya.

I know its too bad im broke this week already.I need a new rear tire.

Offer code - csjw10 for $20 off any $150+ order
Offer code - jwcs10 for $10 off any $100+ order

Thanks guys! Through Jake Michelin 2CTs are $199.98 to the door! Wow!

Can someone explain the difference between the Power 2 CT and the Road 2 CT? I will be in the market for my first set of new tires soon. I feel I am at the limit of what I can safely do with the stock Dunlops. I am looking to get much more traction in corners over the stock Dunlop. Most of my driving is straight line when I commute so a dual compound is a necessity. I am not worried about wear. I would be happy to get 3,500 - 4,000 miles out of a dual compound.

Thanks,

Brad

Last edited:
Can someone explain the difference between the Power 2 CT and the Road 2 CT? I will be in the market for my first set of new tires soon. I feel I am at the limit of what I can safely do with the stock Dunlops. I am looking to get much more traction in corners over the stock Dunlop. Most of my driving is straight line when I commute so a dual compound is a necessity. I am not worried about wear. I would be happy to get 3,500 - 4,000 miles out of a dual compound.

Thanks,

Brad

The Power 2 CT is more of a super sport tire comparable to Bridgestone's BT-016. While the Road 2 CT is more of a sport touring tire with stickier shoulders. I would imagine for the riding that you do most of the time the Road 2 CT would be the way to go. I found this quote on another site that pretty much sums it all up:

"The Michelin Pilot Road 2 is said to be "a combination between the tire’s predecessor, the Michelin Pilot Road, and the sportier Michelin Pilot Power."

My '06 came stock with the Pilot Roads and from what I can tell they are better than the Dunlops on your bike. Wen they wear out I will be replacing them with a set of Road 2 CT. For the type of riding that I do they will be more than adequate.

The Power 2 CT is more of a super sport tire comparable to Bridgestone's BT-016. While the Road 2 CT is more of a sport touring tire with stickier shoulders. I would imagine for the riding that you do most of the time the Road 2 CT would be the way to go. I found this quote on another site that pretty much sums it all up:

"The Michelin Pilot Road 2 is said to be "a combination between the tire’s predecessor, the Michelin Pilot Road, and the sportier Michelin Pilot Power."

My '06 came stock with the Pilot Roads and from what I can tell they are better than the Dunlops on your bike. Wen they wear out I will be replacing them with a set of Road 2 CT. For the type of riding that I do they will be more than adequate.

So would the BT 021's be comparable to the Road 2 CT?

The BT021's came factory on the c14... The tire was garbage. The rear is a dual compound. Not sure about the front, but based on the wear pattern, it seemed it was too.

The tire was great for about 2K miles, then it went downhill fast from there. Handling was greatly diminished, tire sucked in the rain. Not very confidence inspiring.

The majority of c14 riders went the way of PR2's, and have been extremely happy. The fz1 is #200 lighter than the c14, so wear shouldn't be as bad, but still, it left a bad taste.

Is there anyone that's ever happy with anything stock?? Just seems like everyone says the stock something suck, and was replaced by your FRIENDLY AFTERMARKET :rolleyes: manufacturer xyz. Are we sure it's not just another excuse to MOD

I bought my bike used so I've no idea what the OEM tire was. It has 2CT Roads, I orderd 2CT Powers; the wear-bars made me do it.

Traditionally Japanese MFGs have managed to fill the world with crappy tires and suspsion systems. Imagine the reduction of crap in land fills if they spec'd good components out of the box? I guess it's all relative too; anyone remember the Mag Mopus tire from the '80's that was on every UJM? K81's rocked back then, today one would be happy to have an 020 instead of a K81.

Besides, modding is one of the funnest hobbies there is! :nerd:

Last edited:
Is there anyone that's ever happy with anything stock?? Just seems like everyone says the stock something suck, and was replaced by your FRIENDLY AFTERMARKET :rolleyes: manufacturer xyz. Are we sure it's not just another excuse to MOD

I have been happy with my stock Dunlops so far. Although I did have a few slips when Pyro and I went out to the hil country. Mine is just about worn out. I may get another 1K out of them. I will be thrilled with anything that is a step up.

I have been happy with my stock Dunlops so far. Although I did have a few slips when Pyro and I went out to the hil country. Mine is just about worn out. I may get another 1K out of them. I will be thrilled with anything that is a step up.

same here. I have 3K plus on my stockers, of course I don't do track days, well not yet so I should get a few more out of these. Heck they still have the little tits on the sides, guess i need to lean more

Back