Antifreeze Leak

markowinnipeg

Just looking for some input as I am lost on finding the problem. The last couple of mornings riding in to work I have a small antifreeze leak, enough to make steam on the motor as well as a few drops along the side panel behind the carbs. This only seems to happen on the highway and lookes like coming from a line near cap or maybe a carb heater line on right side.
This only has happened on cold morning highway ride in (-3 Cel). I am starting to think maybe something is freezing due to temps and highway speeds. I have checked and tightened all clamps last night but nothing was really overly loose.

After working on my carbs last week, one of my lines started to leak. It was the coolant line between carb 1&2. Even with the clamp on it leaked. Replaced the hose with one from the hardware store. Check for leaks while it's running so the coolant is flowing. I would check the hose connecting carb 3&4 on the bottom. Then check the ones on top where coolant flows in and out of the carbs. Once you find the leak it should be a simple fix. Remember to replace missing coolant, and to thoroughly clean where it dripped. That stuff can eat through paint.

Back