Another Soon to be FZ1 owner

​Finally got out on the bike for a couple chilly rides. Despite the single digit temperatures out on the highway it was great. Too be fair my point of comparison is a 1998 ZX11, I bought new back then, with just over 118K Kms on it. My first impressions of the FZ1 are that I'm very happy with the choice. I found the bit more up right riding position very comfortable and much easier relax and not load my arms and shoulders too much on long trips. The suspension (while still factory settings) is great compared to the zx11 which I swear it didn't have any. Turning the bike is so much easier with the wider handle bars I find I'm over steering a bit and I need to adjust for that. Performance will have to wait until I get the FZ broke in but even with its age and mileage the ZX11 was still spirited and would hurl one well passed the posted speed limit with ease. With just two short cold rides I have realized how I have out grown the ZX and how good a fit the FZ will be. I love the ol ZX and will miss it (traded it on the FZ1) but I'm looking forward here.

Cam.

Last edited:
Back