Another new WI FZ1 member

Well it's official, picked up my FZ1 yesterday and have logged 250 miles so far. I have to say it's a BIG upgrade from my old YZF600R. Way more comfortable and way more power. I have to say I'm impressed as to how easy the FZ1 is to ride in the city.

Well here are some pics of my FZ1 near lake Michigan today, it was a perfect 70 degrees today.

DSC00866.JPG

DSC00868.

Here's my old YZF600, I thought I would miss her but I didn't think about it all day :)

DSC00843.JPG

lol, yeah, no comparison with your 6, for sure. You'll probably wanna lower your bars, be close to your 600.

That's a pretty good break in already 250 miles, I am just hitting 800 miles that I have put on mine since getting it. Sounds like you had a great introduction, enjoy.

Thanks guys.

Hey I just noticed that little wet spot right behind the front tire in the pic. Is that normal? I stopped there after about an hour long ride. Couldn't have been more than 5 minutes before the pic was taken after stopped.

Thanks guys.

Hey I just noticed that little wet spot right behind the front tire in the pic. Is that normal? I stopped there after about an hour long ride. Couldn't have been more than 5 minutes before the pic was taken after stopped.

That was probably on there already. Doesn't look like anti-freeze, but rather oil. If you're bike was going to leak a little anti-freeze then in that spot it could only be coming from the radiator. Just to be on the safe side make sure your radiator cap is on properly and not only tightened to the first stop.

Thanks guys.

Are you sure it wasn't already there? Strange place for a bike to leak from. Rad leaks usually follow a hose down and leak right under where the headers are. You have it on the side stand so at the very least it would drip from the left rad side-cover.
I'm thinking that was there when you pulled up and didn't notice.

new bike jitters; spot was there, hopefully, and this bike won't leak a drop of anything.

You guys are right, spot must have been there. Rode for a while and parked her on my driveway. Kept eyeing the driveway below the bike as I was applying fertilizer to the lawn and no leakage.

Whew!

Back