Another New UK Rider....

Stuuk1

Hi all,

My name is Stuart and im another Uk member to join what looks like a fantastic forum!

Im not new to forums and am a member of many including a certain SV forum (as I have previously owned two Sv's).

I recently bought a 2006 fazer from a good fiend of mine, the bike is in pretty good condition and any other little bits are going to be put right in the coming months, these are tiny things like stone chips, corroded bolt heads, nothing major! Although gave the bike a huge de-grease the other day as it appears to have never been done before...

My mate has done some great modifications to the bike and will post up a list of whats been done below with some pictures I got my girlfriend to take on her posh camera...!

Anyhoo, look forward to meeting you all and also testing your knowledge from time to time when I get confused about something ;)

Oh, almost forgot, just fitted some brand new Battlaxe 023's front and rear and they are awesome!

Modifications:

Full Akrapovic exhaust system
Fixed opened secondary throttle butterflies to give better/quicker throttle response
Increased airbox intaketo allow more air in
Re-routed wires around the frame instead of through the air flow hole freeing up more air for the engine
FCE - Fuel Cut Eliminator as described at the top of the page
Power Commander III
Ignition Module - controls ignition timing, adds more power and smoother throttle response when combined with PCIII
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
custom map for the PCIII + IM with catering for all the above power mods
All that takes the the rear wheel horsepower from the standard 129-132bhp to an estimated 152-154bhp (i have not dyno'd it but am going off dozens of identical setups that have). If you were to go off figures direct from the engine (brochure listed figures) that would be from 150 to probably 182-185bhp so more than the R1 engine it originally was but with more mid range grunt. The gen 2 FZ1 takes the engine out of the 04-06 R1, de tunes it and gives more midrange with a lower redline. I have given all that power back, and then some!

Cosmetic and handling extras:

Speedking rearsets
Gold Pazzo Levers to match forks, with red switchers to match body
Custom blacked out screen with matching red surround
Black headlight covers that velcro off for night riding
Tilted down bars
Cut down the exhaust by 5 inches and powder coated black for increased rumble, nicer look to match the frame and also so it doesn't look like such a large bazooka
Powder coated black pillion pegs and frame slider extenders
Removed centre stand to reduce weight and improve looks
Frame sliders
Lower cowling
Custom small tail tidy
Smaller plate
Mini indicators on back, blackout indicators on front
Heated grips

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

Hi all,

My name is Stuart and im another Uk member to join what looks like a fantastic forum!

Im not new to forums and am a member of many including a certain SV forum (as I have previously owned two Sv's).

I recently bought a 2006 fazer from a good fiend of mine, the bike is in pretty good condition and any other little bits are going to be put right in the coming months, these are tiny things like stone chips, corroded bolt heads, nothing major! Although gave the bike a huge de-grease the other day as it appears to have never been done before...

My mate has done some great modifications to the bike and will post up a list of whats been done below with some pictures I got my girlfriend to take on her posh camera...!

Anyhoo, look forward to meeting you all and also testing your knowledge from time to time when I get confused about something ;)

Oh, almost forgot, just fitted some brand new Battlaxe 023's front and rear and they are awesome!

Modifications:

Full Akrapovic exhaust system
Fixed opened secondary throttle butterflies to give better/quicker throttle response
Increased airbox intaketo allow more air in
Re-routed wires around the frame instead of through the air flow hole freeing up more air for the engine
FCE - Fuel Cut Eliminator as described at the top of the page
Power Commander III
Ignition Module - controls ignition timing, adds more power and smoother throttle response when combined with PCIII
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks
custom map for the PCIII + IM with catering for all the above power mods
All that takes the the rear wheel horsepower from the standard 129-132bhp to an estimated 152-154bhp (i have not dyno'd it but am going off dozens of identical setups that have). If you were to go off figures direct from the engine (brochure listed figures) that would be from 150 to probably 182-185bhp so more than the R1 engine it originally was but with more mid range grunt. The gen 2 FZ1 takes the engine out of the 04-06 R1, de tunes it and gives more midrange with a lower redline. I have given all that power back, and then some!

Cosmetic and handling extras:

Speedking rearsets
Gold Pazzo Levers to match forks, with red switchers to match body
Custom blacked out screen with matching red surround
Black headlight covers that velcro off for night riding
Tilted down bars
Cut down the exhaust by 5 inches and powder coated black for increased rumble, nicer look to match the frame and also so it doesn't look like such a large bazooka
Powder coated black pillion pegs and frame slider extenders
Removed centre stand to reduce weight and improve looks
Frame sliders
Lower cowling
Custom small tail tidy
Smaller plate
Mini indicators on back, blackout indicators on front
Heated grips

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

Hi Stuuk1, Your new bike has alot of the mods that turn an FZ1 into a more spectacular bike like full fairing, racing resets and nice racing muffler, shes nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, well the bikes that are similar age and mileage (21k) were around £4-5k and I got this for £5k so bargain I think!

Welcome

That is a great bike. Now all you need is some braided steel lines, you will be amazed how much better they feel and look! :cheers: I like the SV as well.

That is a great bike. Now all you need is some braided steel lines, you will be amazed how much better they feel and look! :cheers: I like the SV as well.

Already been looking at the HEL lines, would you recommend these? Wanting to keep in with the black, red & gold theme, HEL do them in gold...

Already been looking at the HEL lines, would you recommend these? Wanting to keep in with the black, red & gold theme, HEL do them in gold...

I know Oldschool has HEL lines on his bike. I have them on both of my bikes and I'm very happy with them. Only thing I didn't care for was their shade of gold used on the ends. Didn't quite match the gold used on our bikes. If I'd have to do it over again, I'd go with all black lines :)

I know my bike has had alot of mods done to it, but can any of the performance mods damage the engine in anyway? Presuming they have been done correctly of course! E.g. Power commander... (I have been told that my mate tried a few maps and the one on there now is perfect).

I know my bike has had alot of mods done to it, but can any of the performance mods damage the engine in anyway? Presuming they have been done correctly of course! E.g. Power commander... (I have been told that my mate tried a few maps and the one on there now is perfect).

Nope...you'll be fine..As long as your PC III map isn't super lean I wouldn't be concerned in that respect. All of those mods have been thoroughly tested by now by many FZ1 owners w/o any issues...enjoy the bike ;)

Nope...you'll be fine..As long as your PC III map isn't super lean I wouldn't be concerned in that respect. All of those mods have been thoroughly tested by now by many FZ1 owners w/o any issues...enjoy the bike ;)

Is there a way to get the map off the PC3 and perhaps have someone check it?

One thing I was concerned about (should prob ask this in snored section but while I'm here...). The bike pops alot when easing off the throttle and then when the revs come down to 5k it does one loud BANG, I'm not actually concerned about it but because the police around me like pulling bikes over, this could get their attention, however, is this normal or like you say, too lean?

Is there a way to get the map off the PC3 and perhaps have someone check it?

One thing I was concerned about (should prob ask this in snored section but while I'm here...). The bike pops alot when easing off the throttle and then when the revs come down to 5k it does one loud BANG, I'm not actually concerned about it but because the police around me like pulling bikes over, this could get their attention, however, is this normal or like you say, too lean?

You can certainly download the map off the PC III. You need a laptop with the Dynojet software (you can download it for free from their site) and a USB cable.

As for the popping I don't see the removal\disabling of the AIS as one of your mods. The AIS injects additional air into the exhaust to eliminate any unburned hydrocarbons in the exhaust so that could be the popping that you're hearing. It wont harm anything and was always there, but it just wasn't audible with the stock exhaust.

Back