Another Lever Thread - Ride It Moto

ptrudel

Another merchant to keep in mind for levers...I just received these today, so they're not installed yet...But so far I'm pretty impressed for a cheap set of short adjustable levers. $79.99 shipped, put the order in Friday at 10:30am EST, and received the levers on the following Tuesday. That's great turn around, especially for Canadian delivery.

Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

I had already bought a set of Fire Dragon Brothers levers for my FZ1, but I heard about the Ride It levers on the sister FZ8 forum. FDB didn't have levers for my wife's '09 Ninja 250r, but Ride It did. I purchased a set for her for Christmas last year and she LOVES them. So far no noticed fading (I got her black with titanium adjusters to go with her black bike) and they have worked great.

Since my gold FDB levers are fading badly (if I move the adjuster, I see where it used to be set and I keep my bike in the garage when not riding), I've been considering a set of Ride It for my FZ1. I'll let you know if I see any fading or anything else on my wife's levers. As I said, so far, so good, especially for less than 1/2 price of Pazzos.

I have a set of those levers that I got a couple years ago and they are fine as far as how they work but the color has faded to a totally different color. Originally thet were gold, now they are silver

Man you don't know how happy I am to read this post. I ordered a set of these a month ago. After some issues with Paypal putting a hold on my account for no reason at all,I finally got an email from RideItMoto that my funds were released and my order is on its way. When I first saw the title of this thread I started sweating expecting to read something negative about these levers. Now I'm really excited about getting these in the mail!!:D

What size are you guys getting?

I've tried the shorties, but I prefer the full length. If I end up stuck in traffic, I just find it easier to hold the clutch in with the long lever. More leverage and more fingers to hold it. It's not a huge deal, but after trying both, I'm good sticking with full length. You really just need to try them both and see which works for you.

I've tried the shorties, but I prefer the full length. If I end up stuck in traffic, I just find it easier to hold the clutch in with the long lever. More leverage and more fingers to hold it. It's not a huge deal, but after trying both, I'm good sticking with full length. You really just need to try them both and see which works for you.

Yea, I tried the shorties on my FZ1, but went back to the standard ones. Like you I find it much easier to modulate the clutch in traffic with the long levers and I never really got used to the two finger braking required with the shorties...

I finally got mine in today. The brake side fit perfectly. On the other hand..the clutch side I'm having issues with. The pin that holds the lever in place is to small as far as the diameter. The set that was on the bike had a small sleeve in it to take up the extra space and make the pin fit just right. However the sleeve is still to small on the new pair so there is alot of play in the lever. I sent an email to RideitMoto in hopes that they will have an answer for me. Not sure if I can find a spacer that will fit with an inside diameter that will fit the pin securely.

I finally got mine in today. The brake side fit perfectly. On the other hand..the clutch side I'm having issues with. The pin that holds the lever in place is to small as far as the diameter. The set that was on the bike had a small sleeve in it to take up the extra space and make the pin fit just right. However the sleeve is still to small on the new pair so there is alot of play in the lever. I sent an email to RideitMoto in hopes that they will have an answer for me. Not sure if I can find a spacer that will fit with an inside diameter that will fit the pin securely.

I'm not sure about their model, but on my FDB Shorties I had the same issue but just reused the stock bushing with the new clutch lever and it worked out fine.

Yeah Billy,I tried that. The bushing or spacer whatever you call it..is still to small. Even with that in the new lever and all installed there is still a lot of play in the lever. The entire set up moves way to much before the clutch cable even starts to move.

Yeah Billy,I tried that. The bushing or spacer whatever you call it..is still to small. Even with that in the new lever and all installed there is still a lot of play in the lever. The entire set up moves way to much before the clutch cable even starts to move.

Gotcha. Well, I hope they get back to you quick and fix the problem. Keep us abreast of what happens.

I think my problem is that the levers that were on the bike when I bought it were all ready aftermarket levers so its not the original spacer. I sent them a few pics of the lever and the spacer so I'm hoping that they will just send me something that works. Otherwise I will have to look around for something that will work. Not sure if a hardware store will carry something like that.

I think my problem is that the levers that were on the bike when I bought it were all ready aftermarket levers so its not the original spacer. I sent them a few pics of the lever and the spacer so I'm hoping that they will just send me something that works. Otherwise I will have to look around for something that will work. Not sure if a hardware store will carry something like that.

Tomorrow I'll look in the garage because believe it or not I think I saved the spacer from my brake side when I did the switch. If so I'll drop it in an envelope and get it out to you ASAP!

Back