Another from Co

Ex-lurker

I have ridden my whole life but had to change from being an offroad racing machine to a calmer, paved-road traveler.

In 2005, I bought a new FZ and I have put close to 30K on it and the front wheel only leaves the ground while on the centerstand.

I teach mathematics so summer trips to Northern California (HY 36) is becoming the standard. This year Yosemite is the detour.

Thanks for the website and all the info.

You go through Weaverville? I'm from there. All I did was the logging roads there, on a WR.

The only thing different about the FZ is that I see cagers. Never saw anyone up there when on the bike.

The road loops are longer, about 160 miles; in the dirt, just 60 miles, might as well been 200 miles, though.

Colorado Springs is right.

HWY 36 from Eureka to Red Bluff is the best road I've ridden so far, but I'm going to keep looking. I went through Weaverville on the way back to Eureka on my trip 2 years ago.

I plan on trying the HWY 3/ HWY 96 loop in your neck of the woods on my trip this summer.

There are some interesting roads just north of SF near Cloverdale and HWY 49 from Yosemite.

Your thoughts?

I didn't have the FZ when in Weaver, but 3 is good, as are most roads there, except in snow.

Now located 250 miles S of Weaver in SF bay area, about 20 miles south of San Francisco.

Some beautiful country up there, not many people. Only like 5000 voters in Trinity County.

Everyone is great, just make sure you don't let the fuel get too low.

Welcome mathprof! Glad to have you in the forums!

Have you done any mods to the FZ1? Share some pics, especially of your travels, when you have a chance please? Thanks!

Ride safe!

No pics yet.

Mods are Racetech springs, lower bars, and Mivv Carbon Fiber Slip-on.

I have re-jetted with some carb mods but I stay rich so that I can drop to sea-level without getting too lean.

Back