And you thought Vipers were fast.

Whoa this truck is badass!!

That track is half an hour from home, I go there often to do some laps in my Civic, nice little place to have fun

And they say 2-strokes pollute? :eek5: Bring back the 2-strokes! :flip:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, dont let a few hot rod 1000hp + diesels blowing a little smoke give MODERN diesels in general a bad name.

Diesel engines produce on average 20% LESS Co2 ( global warming green house gas) than gasoline engines and with the recent introduction of low sulfur fuel, tougher emission standards, super high injection pressures ( 25,000 psi ++ ) particulate canister's in the exhaust ......That smoke is a thing of the past.
Modern diesel engines particulate matter emissions ( smoke ) are a fraction of what they were 5-10 years ago.

So pick your poison. The diesel thats MUCH more fuel efficient, produces 20% less Co2 ( the global warming gas ) and slightly more particulate matter ( smoke )

or the less efficient gas engine producing 20% MORE GREENHOUSE GAS, getting 30% ++ less miles per gallon.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, dont let a few hot rod 1000hp + diesels blowing a little smoke give MODERN diesels in general a bad name.

Diesel engines produce on average 20% LESS Co2 ( global warming green house gas) than gasoline engines and with the recent introduction of low sulfur fuel, tougher emission standards, super high injection pressures ( 25,000 psi ++ ) particulate canister's in the exhaust ......That smoke is a thing of the past.
Modern diesel engines particulate matter emissions ( smoke ) are a fraction of what they were 5-10 years ago.

So pick your poison. The diesel thats MUCH more fuel efficient, produces 20% less Co2 ( the global warming gas ) and slightly more particulate matter ( smoke )

or the less efficient gas engine producing 20% MORE GREENHOUSE GAS, getting 30% ++ less miles per gallon.
Gas is closer to 50% less efficient than diesel. My Cummins gets the same mileage as my old silverado. And its a ton heavier 4wd and has 4:10 gears. The silverado had car gears @ 3.23
Plus I run the Dodge on very heavy chromes with 33.5s

I've seen some similarly modified trucks run the 1/4 and was shocked to see them post 12 second passes so not that shocked by the video...well at least not as shocked as the Viper driver :wow:

I've seen some similarly modified trucks run the 1/4 and was shocked to see them post 12 second passes so not that shocked by the video...well at least not as shocked as the Viper driver :wow:

This truck could surprise a few people ! 9.68 @ 141 mph with almost no smoke !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qkxi7wOU5E]RAM Diesel goes 9.68 - YouTube[/ame]

There is a reason they are only running an 1/8th. They would run out of steam and gearing before reaching the finish line.

Running an 1/8th with their torque and massive traction patches I am not surprised they will beat even a viper.

There is a reason they are only running an 1/8th. They would run out of steam and gearing before reaching the finish line.

Running an 1/8th with their torque and massive traction patches I am not surprised they will beat even a viper.

That 9.68 @141 in the 1/4 mile. That Dodge was impressive ! That truck sure didn't run out of steam :)

Just imagine a big 4x4 Dodge Ram giving us a whoopin on our FZ1's ..............oh the embarrassment

Last edited:
That 9.68 @141 in the 1/4 mile. That Dodge was impressive ! That truck sure didn't run out of steam :)

Just imagine a big 4x4 Dodge Ram giving us a whoopin on our FZ1's ..............oh the embarrassment

Uhhh I almost had this happen the other day. Off the line I figured effin smelly truck, then he took off on me, I had to get it and we both quit after we hit 60 in a 45. :nana: I barely got him by about the length of my bike. I was a little shocked he was keeping up.

BTW I don't want to hear this BS that the USA is the only country that burns fossil fuels/tires and stuff for entertainment from our canadian and EU brothers. There are rednecks everywhere.

Back