Almost complete: FZ1 to FZ8 headlight kit

Just got this installed no Friday, but still waiting on the signal plates to come so I can mount the signals.

The kit is 100% Yamaha factory parts from a 2011 Fz8 and bolt up was easy with more than enough room to wrap all the extra wiring behind the headlight assembly.

tumblr_m48s7hQxVx1qld4a8o1_500.png

Looks great on the bike! Can I ask what the final damage (cost) was?

If anything ever happens to my fairing, this is one of the options I'd choose. ;)

*This isn't meant to be an ad, so I'll keep it short.
I work for a dealer, so with my cost + this kit was "ok."
I simply went through the fiche and highlighted every item on the page.
After I removed all the "extra" parts that I didn't need to buy off the build list
(about 45 different part number and approx 110 parts), est. kits will be a few
bucks more, around $575-600ish. (about 70% of retail)

PS: BackOrders on various parts made this a 3 month project!

Last edited:
Hey MD, no harm, no foul, nor any deception intended.
I simply purchased every part that Yamaha has on those fiche photos.
I didn't pick and choose any of them to do it on the cheap, get by, make it work, etc.
My plan is and was to make install the lamp as intended from Yamaha. Yes, it's most costly, but it's what I wanted. If someone wants it the same way I did mine (no corning cutting), then it is what it is, right?

Why the hate for someone wanting to do it correctly?

As for the factory light, I'm holding onto it for winter, when I'll need the extra wind protection.

I can do it for less than $500 and only 11 parts... not including screws.

Where the heck you getting numbers like 45 parts or 110?

Took me one day to figure out the parts.

Fz8 headlight to a fz1 - FZ1OA Message Board

Sorry 'bout that.. been a while since I have read this post and I re-read what I posted...I did sound like a hater! Mentally delete that please....I think I was more in shock about there being 110 parts for the swap...or were you talking about something else??

Back