Alaska Leather seat cover?

So quick run down. Stock gen 2 seat can eat my ass. Totally sucks.

So I got myself another stocker from another member here on the cheap. Am using that currently as I just sent my seat out to Spencer to be modified.

Was looking through his website and he mentions using an Alaska Leather seat cover for even more comfort.

Was wondering if anyone here ever used one? If so, do you know which size would be good for the Gen2 FZ1?

According to their chart thing, it says this is what would be right?

<Alaska Leather> Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad - Motorcycle Seat Covers - Pillion Type 1 Deluxe - Sheepskin Motorcycle Seat Cover

But that does not look like it would work to me from that pic? I dunno, any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

What does the seat cover really do?

Does it raise you up at all?

Allow venting?

It doesn't raise you up at all

It is actually much cooler than without it

I think the theory is it keeps the friction from you butt, sliding back/forth on the seat, but whatever it does, it work....I've had mine on several bikes, and won't ride without it....

The biggest problem with the FZ1 seat if you are like me and have a small, unpadded rear end, is that it's shape and slope towards the front, where it's the narrowest simply don't give ANY support. A recontour is what mine needs and it's going to get it when the cold weather sets in. I've had pads, gel pads, and good seats and only a good seat that gives support where it's needed will help me out beyond the 100 mile morning or afternoon scoot.

Back