Ais

Hey, just gutted my cat, looking to do AIS block-off. Do I leave the reed valves, or just cover them up? Know it doesn't matter, just wonder how you did it. Thanks, Bill

Hey, just gutted my cat, looking to do AIS block-off. Do I leave the reed valves, or just cover them up? Know it doesn't matter, just wonder how you did it. Thanks, Bill

You can leave them. What I did was to put an extra clamp on the tube that connects to the bottom of the airbox. Then, I pushed into the tube an electrical wire nut a couple inches. I tightened the clamp below the nut so it couldn't slip by. Then, I topped off the tube with silicone, put it back on the airbox and clamped it in place. Let it cure for a couple hours and enjoy the ride!

Essentially, what ever you can snugly fit into the hose and clamp in place. I don't think I needed the silicone but I wanted to be sure it was sealed.

To remove the whole thing, you need to replace the plates on the valve cover or block those as well where the tubes would normally connect. Some have even used JB Weld and welded a penny under the plate to cover the hole. :D

:welcome:

Last edited:
Back