AIS Removal

When you remove the AIS, do you go through the top under the gas tank, or through the front, lowering the radiator? In a video on youtube, the guy blocks the hose with a dowel by lifting the gas tank, and removing the air box. The threads i have read where people have used block off plates, they went through the front, by lowering the radiator.

I have Graves block off plates coming, so i just was hoping to get some clarification on how to install them. Do i need to lift the tank and lower the radiator or just one of those?

To remove the whole AIS system, install the block off plates, and cap the air box where you removed the AIS hose, you need to lower the radiator and lift the tank and remove air box.

Thanks for the info guys, i get my block off plates, K&N and power commander in a few days, i will just install all at once, since the tank needs to be lifted for the filter anyways

Does anyone know if the Graves kit comes with the plug for the airbox, or will i need to go someplace and pick up some plugs? Is the best size 5/8's?

Last edited:
Hey guys, just a quick question. I've already blocked my AIS, but I was wondering, does it have any effect on how rich/lean the bike runs? If it does it seems like it would make it more rich.

nope doesnt effect fueling it only adds air on the exhaust side to help burn up unburnt fuel in the exhaust before it is released into the atmosphere

Question on the AIS removal

Question on the AIS removal.

I was changing my spark plugs yesterday and was having a problem reaching the two inter cylinders. So removed the AIS and just used rubber vacuum caps over the AIS nipples instead of plates. Will that cause any problems?

Thanks

This is how I did it. Yellow wire nuts.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3744-fz-ais-mod.jpg

terdog-albums-pics-picture3743-fz-ais-mod-2.jpg

Back