Air Horn

I have a Stebel horn on my FZ. I didn't install it (it came with the bike), but it tucks up nicely in the fairing, and is loud as hell.

Something loud and probably easier to install:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/85112-115db-500HZ-600HZ-Sports/dp/B00079V5ZI]Amazon.com: PIAA 85112 115db 500HZ + 600HZ Sports Horn: Automotive: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

I went on a recent group ride where a BMW owner had that PIAA horn. It is very loud but not as piercing as the Stebel. It is a plug and play... not much needed. It sounded like a regular car horn. The dual pitches are set up scientifically to best penetrate a driver's side door window glass. :tup:

Found it here cheaper... $40.08 with shipping included. http://lightningmotorsports.com/i-69590.aspx

Last edited:
Where did you see that price "shipped"?? I went on and they are charging me $8.65 for UPS Ground. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

No, you're not! It was one of the Google Shopping links that listed the price with shipping. Now, I see at the top of the page that the site offers free shipping on orders over $199.00. Ooops! Sorry Billy!

Try this one instead! PIAA Sports Horn Kit

If we order 3 of them, we get free shipping. I wonder if I can convince Michele that we should get one each... then order a third and ship one out to you? It would still be cheaper! $34.21 plus whatever it costs to ship from here to you...

That would be great Eric. With Priority shipping in a small box, it would probably be only 5 bucks. Probably 40 bucks total. If you decide to do it let me know. Even though I'm "broke" right now I'll find the 40 to send you since my horn is "Crap". Even "laying" on the horn is useless around here as I have been finding out the last two weeks. I need to be heard, especially now that I'm running the RS-3 which is way quieter than the D&D. Thanks!

They claim to be shipping on the 18th. I'll have one in the mail to you the day they arrive. They are quite loud. I've read that they should be installed pointing down or, toward the throttle side if you can get it up out of the weather (I'm thinking under the left inner cowl and aimed down to the right. What we want to avoid is water flying up into the horn.

Anyone else find this to be true? I know this is also the case with the Stebel horns where weather will cause damage to them and render them useless.

Back