Air Filters

Thanks for the info; was hoping the auto parts houses or walmart stocked them....might be a k&n in it, don't know....been doing all the fluids, etc on it since i got it.......Man when i added that seafoam to it....the bike woke up big time...no hesitation.....runs real good...
Did order a double bubble for it at the yamaha house...smoke....

If you find a local parts place that can get EMGO products, give them the part number (1295844) and see what they can come up with. Alternatively, you could give them the K&N part number and cross-reference that.

It's not uncommon for auto stores to have bike parts actually

Well today i wound up checking the air filter in the 02 fz.....dang stock style filter looked brand new, slapped her back in.....lifting the gas tank was a small hassle but very do-able....took me about 20 minutes....wished i could put four velocity stacks on it, but don't think that is an option...

Don't get a K&N! I put one in my bike last summer and it didn't do anything better than the stock filter. In fact it was worse. I jetted my bike then replaced the stock filter for the K&N a few weeks later. Bike ran terrible, after some searches I went back to a stock replacement and was happier for it.

Wolf I have heard the same thing before...as little as i ride, gas milage don't mean a thing to me...gonna take me a long time to wear out the stock....Wished I had people to ride with like you in your state....them videos you made were very good...thanks for the input

Huh. Maybe that's a Gen 1 thing, because I've used K&n's in every vehicle I've ever owned, and loved them.

I think it is a gen 1 thing. After a weekend made horrible because my bike wasn't breathing right, I spent hours on both forums reading about the K&N and the Gen1. My options were to pull the carbs and adjust my jetting or go back to the filter I knew worked.

My Mustang LOVES the k&n!

I've ran the K&N in a few vehicles also....with good results.....My bike right now runs so good I hate to rock the boat....Have also heard that re-jetting carbs are not necessary for K&N...
Wolf you sure you didn't have too much oil on the filter you used...? I know you spray then oil....

I've ran the K&N in a few vehicles also....with good results.....My bike right now runs so good I hate to rock the boat....Have also heard that re-jetting carbs are not necessary for K&N...
Wolf you sure you didn't have too much oil on the filter you used...? I know you spray then oil....

I'm serving my 01 fz and I need a breakdown on the steps for getting to the filters to service and or change them. Thanks

Back