Aftermarket windscreen

Hi, i want to put a black windscreen on my bike and i don't want to spend too much money. I found this one that look great but i would like to know if i am gonna have problem with it ?

Motorcycle Windscreen Windshield FOR Yamaha FZ1S 06 07 08 09 10 11 2006 2011 | eBay

Otherwise i could take my stock one and paint it but it cost the same price.

What do you think ?

OH another question anybody know if i should take a 6 inch or 8 inch tank pad to put on my bike ? Wich model fit the best the fz1 ?

thanks a lot

Hi there, I painted my screen on my last bike, a SV1000. Masked the edge of the screen, and the outside, and spray painted the inside with a tin of satin black duco, gave 3 coats. Came out really nice, and cost next to nothing.

Hi, i want to put a black windscreen on my bike and i don't want to spend too much money. I found this one that look great but i would like to know if i am gonna have problem with it ?

Motorcycle Windscreen Windshield FOR Yamaha FZ1S 06 07 08 09 10 11 2006 2011 | eBay

Otherwise i could take my stock one and paint it but it cost the same price.

What do you think ?

OH another question anybody know if i should take a 6 inch or 8 inch tank pad to put on my bike ? Wich model fit the best the fz1 ?

thanks a lot

I bought exactly the same model, from the same supplier and it looks much better as well as better wind protection.

*Can take a piccy later if you want to see before you commit :)

Much better than the stock and cheap as chips!
2449xer.jpg

Question about Wellnuts

I had to replace a couple wellnuts that I lost while taking off my windscreen to clean out the bugs trapped under it.

I went to the shop and all they had were FX wellnuts for $10. I thought that they were nice with the black anodized hex head screws. Well i noticed my windscreen rattling more than usual and upon examining it I found that the FX wellnuts were ripping at the fairing and coming loose or pulling through.

Has anyone else had this problem with this product?

I had to replace a couple wellnuts that I lost while taking off my windscreen to clean out the bugs trapped under it.

I went to the shop and all they had were FX wellnuts for $10. I thought that they were nice with the black anodized hex head screws. Well i noticed my windscreen rattling more than usual and upon examining it I found that the FX wellnuts were ripping at the fairing and coming loose or pulling through.

Has anyone else had this problem with this product?

I lost 1 or 2 well nuts the first time I changed my windshield, but I bought OEM replacements. I broke off 2 of the nylon screws by over tightening them too and also replaced them with OEM (expensive) screws. I haven't had any experience with the FX wellnuts. It seems strange and I wouldn't have expected that from an aftermarket wellnut.

I lost 1 or 2 well nuts the first time I changed my windshield, but I bought OEM replacements. I broke off 2 of the nylon screws by over tightening them too and also replaced them with OEM (expensive) screws. I haven't had any experience with the FX wellnuts. It seems strange and I wouldn't have expected that from an aftermarket wellnut.

Yes, I didn't expect that either. I had to replace 4 of them with the OEM ones and now the screen doesn't rattle but will allow bugs to get underneath the screen. The OEM wellnuts are thicker where they flare out than the FX ones. At least the FX screws are nice (but short) and are aluminum anodized black and use a 3mm hex driver.

The FX weren't made in China, they were made in Taiwan. :(

Back