Aftermarket projector headlight reviews?

firefly

The stock Gen-1 headlights produce decent light output & coverage with halogen bulbs how do projector after market compare in light output, road coverage and stray light when using HIDs.

On ebay I see 2.5, 2.8 & 3.0 projectors, I think the bigger the better so I am leaning towards the 3.0 cm ones would that fit the Gen-1 housing?

Can someone post some photos of projectors installed on their bike?

Thanks

Check my profile pic, and the pics on my page. I have a few there

They look great, what about the light output, are they HIDs? 35 or 55watts? what size are they?
how about adjusting their aim? do you adjust them through the stock adjusters? any regrets doing this mod.

Thanks a lot

I put some in my FZ6 and ended up going back to stock. I used a high quality projection light that used a shutter to give high/low beam. One of the shutters started to stick and I would have to give the light a whack to get it to open. Repair involved having to take the fairing back off and and unsealing the headlight housing to get at the defective projector. It's just not worth it unless you ride allot at night. Also because the FZ1 headlight housing is so big the projector looks a little odd but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Here they are on my FZ6.

CIMG2105.JPG

Last edited:
Back