aftermarket bar REVIEWS!!!

I'm looking to get new bars for 02 gen 1 and have looked at:

rizoma (kinda expensive and not sure if stock bar ends fit)

misc mx bars renthal or fly (put some on my bike and the brake line was too short) and they seem to high and wide for me.

i'm looking for bars with a little less pull back than stock.
Can drill holes for throttle, and bar ends if i have to.

Any reviews, sources and pics would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I replaced my bars and risers with the rizoma conical bars & risers. The stock bar ends do not fit, I used the Rizoma bar ends. Drilling is required and if you want to use the stock cables, you will need to cut about 1/2 inch off of each end. All up it took me about an hour to swap them over. Remember to measure twice and drill once.

I prefer them over the stock bars a lot. less vibration through the bars & a more comfortable position for me.

I attached a pic of my bars (I mounted a GPS bracket in the middle which is what you can see in there, the drop bars are perfect for this allowing the GPS to sit nice and low but still provide perfect vision).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Rizoma.jpg
    Rizoma.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 199
I replaced the stock bars with Bike Master Daytona bars. They have less pull back and they are higher also. I had to drill holes for the controls and install bar ends that expand inside the end of the bars. They are great for an old guy like me and vibration isn't an issue.

I'm currently looking at having my standard bar ends machined down to 22mm diameter so I can widen the bars by a couple if inches. The standard bars are the right height, just a couple of inch too narrow. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

I'm currently looking at having my standard bar ends machined down to 22mm diameter so I can widen the bars by a couple if inches. The standard bars are the right height, just a couple of inch too narrow. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Carefull, you may end up having to replace all your cables. There's not a lot of room to go wider with the stock cabling, which is why I had to cut my Rizoma bars down. I am on the limit with my clutch cable.

I had a look last night, and its getting a bit tight on the cable side of life. I'll have to do a trial run this weekend to see if I need to replace the cables or I might be able to do a little re-routing to see if I can release some length.
Done a couple of sportsbike streetfighters in the past, and got away with it 1/2 the time.

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but if anybody's doing some searching it'd be good to have. I put on some RSI Racing bars on my 1st Gen, and have to say I love the feel and position of them. They're 1.5" rise and almost no pull back, a bit more forward and aggressive riding position, but not to the point of a clip on. Here's a pic:

5A39CA34.jpg

Fitted the bar extenders just over a week ago, and what a superb difference it made! It took the standard bars to 740mm wide and made them much better for me.
Cables were no problem, and switchgear was unaffected. A worthwhile mod.
ajasader.jpg

Only one problem. Once the bars were off found out that the standard bars are infact bent! Bugger!

managed to source a pair of WRP fatbars and risers cheap, so they've now been fitted instead.
u3yby6y8.jpg

Now these are ace. Just a bit too wide at 820mm so i'll have to chop 30mm off each end to make them right. Still better than the standard ones though. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Back